8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Mad, mad, mad world (Derann 2 x 400) do we need to re-arrange the order?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mad, mad, mad world (Derann 2 x 400) do we need to re-arrange the order?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 10:01 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got this print in good color (on Fuji stock printed by Bucks Lab). It was released by (old) Derann on 2 * 400'. I should say this is one of the most repeatable digests. Get it if you can, you will never get bored to see it again and again.

Anyway, I was told that most of two reelers at that time were edited to be self contain meaning each reel can be enjoyed independently. That's why most of collectors will re-arrange the order to follow the original presentation.

I have watched the full version long time ago and could not remember the original order. But after watching these 2 reels last night, I didn't feel any weird except the first 10 second in the beginning of 2nd reel where the two polices discussed about the money.

So, the first reel starts with the accident ---> they found the money under Big W tree,

The second reel starts with the two polices at the station talking about the money but then jumps to the Big W tree followed by the rest of the story (chasing the money, fire truck engine, etc).

So do I need to re-arrange the order or just to take out the first 10 second on the second reel?

ps: and does the later print from Derann (scope) also follows the same order above?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This old thread pretty much answering my question:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006312

Now enjoy this film, my 2 sons were laughing loudly. They jumped from the seat when seeing the gas station fell down [Big Grin]

Now if any of you have odd reels of this title, let me know. I think I can join them easily since this movie is just about action and action.

--------------------
Winbert

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2012 01:46 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the best things ever put on Super 8. I have not joined my two reels Winbert as one is scope the other is letterboxed!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 09, 2012 11:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah your right David.

And any odd reels of this title can fit to be joined wherever the scene is and will extend our laugh even more.

However after searching in this forum, unfortunately no one confirmed this ever released as full length feature expect in Italy. Some one offered this full feauture last year here but said it has faded. Too bad!

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC