8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 610D focus knob issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 610D focus knob issue
Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2012 06:24 PM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There--

I can't get the lens to stay in place in one of my Eumigs... Focus knob is stripped? The plastic spiral on the inside of the knob does not move along with the focus knob.

Has anyone had any experience fixing this problem?

Thank you,

Zach

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 17, 2012 06:27 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll have to let us know the model of your projector.

Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2012 06:31 PM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the topic-line: Mark 610D

Thanks!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 18, 2012 05:13 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Zach,can't see the wood for the trees.Is it the pin on the
lens that is worn and not locating with the worm on the focusing
knob?

Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2012 07:11 PM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's that the worm on the focusing knob does not turn when I turn the knob. The pin in the lens is okay I think. Does this mean it's broken inside somewhere? Can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Joerg Wittgen
Junior

- posted June 18, 2012 10:16 PM      Profile for Joerg Wittgen   Email Joerg Wittgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
I think that the focus button is pushed onto a splined axle.
could be that these ripple-axis is worn.
maybe stick with superglue the focus knob on the axle?
I only know the 900 series of Eumig.
there is a splined axle.
The focus knob is only pushed on this axle.

--------------------
"Terrific, let's do it again" "Faster and more intense"

--George Lucas--

Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2012 11:05 PM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg-- Okay, I think I understand you on this, that makes sense about the contact between the knob and the axle being worn down. I should then remove the focus knob somehow to get to the axle? I don't want to break anything. I'll take a look at it later tonight & see if I can figure it out how to do that correctly.

Joerg Wittgen
Junior

- posted June 18, 2012 11:21 PM      Profile for Joerg Wittgen   Email Joerg Wittgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
please be careful!
I know this only from the 900 series.
try it with non-violent.
old plastic can break like glas

Edit:
I've just seen a picture.
under the cover are four screws.i think the entire plate can be removed with the focus knob.but im not sure.
look at the picture:
 -

--------------------
"Terrific, let's do it again" "Faster and more intense"

--George Lucas--

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 19, 2012 02:07 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the 610D the outer sleeve of the focus knob is fixed with a light glue to a inner plastic knob. After so many years it does not usually take much to get the outer silver sleeve off. Once this is off you should be able to see the problem which I expect is just a un glued outer which needs sticking back on to its inner if you get my drift.

Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2012 02:43 AM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee--

I got the outer sleeve of the knob off, there's a spindle with a metal pincher-looking fastener stamped on it... it looks as if that's supposed to be attached to the plastic beneath, but the plastic there has deteriorated. Hmmm... I need to figure out a way to reattach the fastener thing to the rest of the knob & I'll be okay. Some kind of pin or something.

Thanks for all the help on this! I hope my description makes sense.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC