8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Singing in the Rain ... wow!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Singing in the Rain ... wow!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 22, 2012 09:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been just watching this print continue to climb in price. Sheesh, it's far more than what it originally cost. Granted the color quality truly is quite nice, (though sad that it's FUJI as it will eventually fade), but over 535.00 Canadian, (I believe that's about 505.00 U.S. dollars), that's the highest I've seen for a non STAR WARS, Close Encounters level print.

This was the earlier non Deran release, wasn't it?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2012 10:23 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Do you have a link?

Graham

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2012 12:28 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching this too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200793376217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2012 01:58 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for the colour it looks like it has quite a blue tint. Maybe every copy is like this certaintly im sure the later Derann prints will have the blue tint to them. What do you think.

Graham S

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 22, 2012 04:24 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller is in Burlington, Canada, one hour from Toronto.

He was known to be really particular about the print. You know that when multiple reels came in one purchase, they would not always be at the same quality. He would not mind to send each reel with the imperfection back to Derann, although would cost him more money for shipping.

So his collection is known to be all perfect prints.

This auction probably has been already his 15th titles he sold through Ebay. Some of members here have purchased from him and satisfied.

Look at his previous listing, even The Little Mermaid was sold for $565, something that usually sod for around $350 top!

Osi...putting a link is very simple and I have told you this many times. So pity that you still cannot do this which only need your skill of copy and paste.

Any problem with your browser?

--------------------
Winbert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 23, 2012 12:19 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if his Little Mermaid print was soft focus. Mine was and I was told by Derek that they all were...

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2012 01:55 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the soft focus was the fault of the reduction negative since Derek knew about it. If not, then DFS should have had a serious talk with their lab! When you look at the original selling price that they charged for a feature perfect focus should have been a given.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 24, 2012 12:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am of course, talking apart from factual knowledge, but I wonder if he might have enhanced his screenshots color. I can see that to his credit, he doesn't color correct his screenshots, which I have seen from some other sellers, but the colors seem a little too bright and saturated sometimes.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC