8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » UFA & Marketing Films Godzilla Movies Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UFA & Marketing Films Godzilla Movies Question
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2012 11:47 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've aquired a few of these films and I have dupes which I may be selling. I need to warn you though, they weren't cheap.

My question is...

It looks like the UFA reels for Godzilla VS. Mecha Godzilla have NOT been puntured. Does this possibly mean it's never been viewed? By this I mean there is a non-damaged UFA Sticker covering the hole on the reel.

My Marketing Films Son Of Godzilla also has a seal on the box, which has not been broken either.

So it may mean they've never been viewed, but does that really mean anything?

If you'd like to see pics, you can visit my "Collecting Super 8mm" Facebook Page. Link Below...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Collecting-Super-8mm/136314259824751

Thanks!

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 03, 2012 01:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all comes down to the film stock used. The films can be "completely untouched by human hands", but if they were struck on quick fade eastman stock or Kodak SP, there's still the risk that they will be faded, pristine and unscratched but faded, just the same.

However, if your lucky enough to have found agfa, LPP, or FIJI, they may be not only untouched but have wonderful color.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2012 03:55 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this UFA print of Godzilla VS. Mecha Godzilla (plus another set on the way) I'm thinking I'm NOT going to break the seal. If anybody is interested in buying this, please send me a private message and make me an offer. I also have another Marketing Films Son Of Godzilla coming so I'm thinking of letting this one go as well (also sealed)

Once again, pictures are available on my FB Collecting 8mm page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Collecting-Super-8mm/136314259824751

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2012 06:15 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you find a UFA print shrink wrapped, the color can be beautiful.
I bought many years ago a print still unused shrink wrapped and only one of the reels had light damaged shrink wrape and only this reel had faded color. The sticker show you that the print is never used, but it is not a garantie for good color.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2012 06:51 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your absolutely right Oemer.

I've had a few emails from some folks interested in the films, but only if they know what they're getting. (Rightfully So)

So I guess the $64,000 question is "To break the seals or not break the seals"

I'm starting to lean towards breaking the seals to inspect the films (besides, I'm dying to watch them!) [Razz]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted October 04, 2012 03:32 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Break the seals! I wouldn't want to pay a hefty price for a film to find it was faded.
In fact if you can show that the film has great color.. you will get a better price. There doesn't seem to be a point to have a never before opened film unless you were opening a Super 8 museum.
And...I'm interested in the Son of Godzilla. I think Mr. Moderator Doug has a copy of this. How is your print sir? [Smile]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2012 07:35 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this point I'll be selling...

The New/USED Godzilla VS. Mecha Godzilla 2 x 400 Print Sound,B/W. Inspecting today.

I'm waiting for a dupe of Son Of Godzilla to arrive, once that's here I'll be putting SOG up for sale. 1 x 400 Sound,Color

I also have another G VS. Mecha G 2 x 400 Sound,B/W on the way and a Marketing Films War OF The Gargantuas.

REVISED

Wow! Gettin a bunch of emails already on these prints! VIVA La Big "G"! [Big Grin]

I think I'm going to post these on ebay. It's going to be easier for me as I have a lot of films that will be going up for sale.

Some of these films we're NOT cheap and I need to at least make my cash back, so please don't be offended if you think the prices are too hefty. I figured with as difficult as some of these are to find, it would be worth spending the exrta $ to at least get them.

Thanks Guys! G VS. Mecha G will be on ebay in a few hours!

[ October 04, 2012, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Timothy Price ]

Patrick McGrath
Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2012 08:00 PM      Profile for Patrick McGrath   Email Patrick McGrath   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a link? I can't find the listing.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2012 07:33 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go Patrick...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251162336952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC