8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Jaws Artwork.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jaws Artwork.
John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 05:38 AM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently bid on a 400ft Jaws digest on Ebay. I won the auction at £7. When the film arrived, it turned out to be the 2X400ft version, mounted on a 600ft reel. I need to make a custom box for the film and wonder if any members can help with a scan of the cover art. I'm not fussy which reel the art is from. Also, can anyone tell me the official running time of the two reels combined?

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 04:36 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello...based on some info from the Jaws 2 parter on youtube some time ago the time was 30 min 48 sec.

Bill [Smile]

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 05:43 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill.

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2012 01:03 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nobody?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 10, 2012 02:09 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, why don't you use google and choose "image".

Write jaws image on the search box, you will egt plenty.

From there you can make your own cover except you are thinking re-creating the original box.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 10, 2012 04:28 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

Send me your email and I'll send you a hi-res scan of this cover, where I've gotten rid of the running time.
Also, U-8 never released a 400' version of Jaws, just the 200' and the 2x400'.

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2012 05:24 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a million Doug,
Email address sent.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC