8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Manual unloading

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Manual unloading
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 10, 2012 02:04 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see on the Elmo projectors, manual unloading is possible. Does not say so on the Bauer and Eumig. Does it mean you have to go through the whole movie on those?

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 10, 2012 02:11 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I've never found it too easy to do even on the ST1200!!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 10, 2012 02:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was easy on the ST-600 I had when I was 11. So what do you do if you are on a visit and half way through, you have to go. Do you just move the projector without removing the movie?

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 10, 2012 02:15 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Eumig 800 series projectors do not facilitate removel of the film part way thru a reel. With the Eumig 900 series and the Elmo's it is possible to do so, but not without a lot of fiddling with the film and danger of scratching the film. I think, in general, film collectors never remove the film part way thru a reel on any auto threading projector.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 10, 2012 02:28 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Paul. In my experience, even the machines which advertise easy unloading, it ain't all that easy, without bending and possibly scratching film.
[Smile]

Joseph Banfield
Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:21 PM      Profile for Joseph Banfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know you can not remove a film from a Eumig 800 machine unless you remove the screws holding the bottom section of the spring-loaded pressure pads and remove those first. You would also have to release the slide in film gate too. At any rate, I would think you would scratch your film to pieces before you got it out of the mechanism.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 02:02 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it is easy to do unloading film at all Elmo series.

The trick is to have a piece of paper on hand (the thick one) so it will give the way for film coming out from the path.

Open all gate, then with this paper you "scoop" the film on the path that too narrow for fingers to reach... [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 04:34 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never had a problem unthreading a film from the Elmo's
or the early Eumigs or even loading the film manually back in, as
both makes are well designed in that respect.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 04:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I remembered from my childhood too ... No scratches at all and fairly easy. I started movies mid-movie too sometimes

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC