8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Revere Lamp Conversion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Revere Lamp Conversion
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 04:53 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished a nice lamp conversion on a Revere 828 8mm projector. It originally took a DNE 21.5v 150w lamp. Cost is about 30.00-40.00. I converted it to a DEF 120v 150w cost about 15.00. I used a socket from a junk Kodak M80 projector. It was easily removed with two screws. The original socket in the Revere just required drilling the 2 rivets out. I then drilled 2 holes to mount the DEF lamp. Perfect fit. I unsoldered the 2 wires that supply the 21v from their source. I traced with a voltmeter to find 110v and re-soldered the 2 wires to the new source. This allowed me to use the original switch. Done! I attached a pic of finished project which took about 2 hours.

-

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2012 07:32 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, thanks for the "how to".
The shiny metal auto threading guides (above/below lens)...do they release up/down to allow some open space or do they remain fixed as in the photo?
Does the machine have just one main drive belt and is it easy to change ?
Just from appearance, this projector looks very solid and well built.... true?

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 08:33 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom

The film guides move to release the fim. There are 2 spring belts that turn the reels. The main drive is a rubber tire that turns the shutter wheel. The projector is very well built. If you have one and decide to do the conversion I can give you more details.

PatD

-

-

Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 02:23 PM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Job Pasquale.

Very nice convertion !!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 06:56 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Manuel.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC