8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wanted/ Needed Sankyo Dualux 1000/2000H Power Supply

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted/ Needed Sankyo Dualux 1000/2000H Power Supply
Keith Heydon
Junior

- posted January 16, 2013 09:04 PM      Profile for Keith Heydon   Email Keith Heydon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have "googled" the above. I'm up here in Vancouver, Canada ...and, it looks like when duties/ebay/shipping fees, are taken into account, etc. I'm looking at in excess of $60 (CDN or US ..about the same now!).

Anybody "out there" who might have 1 or 2 of the above? I'd be happy to PayPal you and get the ball rolling.

Cheers,
Keith
PS: Feel free to PM me.

|  IP: Logged

Adam McCreath
Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 09:47 AM      Profile for Adam McCreath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Keith; I had the same probelm with my Sankyo 2000H; didn't come with a power cord. I went to my local Salvation Army and bought 3 power cords that looked like they would fit for $0.99. I know for sure one of them is from a PS2 which seems to fit and runs the projector alright. Don't know if your 1000 is the same as my 2000H but I find thrift stores are a good place to find replacements. good luck!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 23, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can find a Kodak 650 or 750 Slide projector on Craigs List or in a thrift shop...it uses the same power cord.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Keith Heydon
Junior

- posted January 24, 2013 04:00 PM      Profile for Keith Heydon   Email Keith Heydon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your suggestions. In speaking with a few people, it appears that several devices (other projector types and brands, as mentioned by Janice...and ...as mentioned by Adam ...a PS2 [Smile]

I'm out the door now to my nearest Thrift Shop !

Keith Heydon
Junior

- posted January 24, 2013 07:55 PM      Profile for Keith Heydon   Email Keith Heydon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mission Successful!

There were a *ton* of power cords which looked like they *might* work...but, based on previous unsuccessful results kept looking for the oldest power cord ..and, finally plunked down $1.99 CDN.

I'm happy [Smile] to report to the forum, the pale grey cord I purchased works perfectly.

For any Canucks reading this ...bought it at Value Village ...

Keith

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 24, 2013 08:11 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thumbs up Keith!....Seek and you shall find [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Keith Heydon
Junior

- posted January 24, 2013 08:44 PM      Profile for Keith Heydon   Email Keith Heydon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...from a lot of money initially to find this "part" for 2 bucks!

I've followed Janice's journey and am wondering if there might not be an interest in a "sub forum" relating to DIY ...and, topics like "home grown" film cleaners, etc.?

Maybe it could be called "8MM DIY" ..or.."8MM NEWBIE HELP"..

Food for thought I guess

Keith
[Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC