8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New venue northwest film fair 2013 blackpool (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: New venue northwest film fair 2013 blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 10:29 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTHWEST FILM FAIR. NOVEMBER 17th 2013.

NEW LUXURY BLACKPOOL VENUE.

The next Blackpool NORTHWEST Film Fair will be at the HILTON HOTEL. North Promenade, Sea Front, BLACKPOOL. FY1 2JQ. The Hilton Hotel is situated approx. 400 yards from the Savoy in the direction of the Tower. It is a modern hotel with outstanding facilities. A large car park is situated at the side of the hotel, this is barrier controlled and the cost is modest. The dealer’s room is very spacious and has easy access from the service road at the front of the hotel. There should be no problems getting the heaviest of items in at this venue. There are numerous power points around the walls of the room. Lighting is of a very high level. Easy to see the dust even on the darkest items offered for sale. There will be an enlarged space for the Bring & Buy and Auction, also an area for tables & chairs where weary legs may be rested whilst you have a chat to old and new friends.

There will be a nicely appointed cinema with approx. 70 upholstered seats, details of the 8mm and 16mm film programmes will be announced nearer the time, but it is also hoped to have something special again.

Food and drinks will be available in the Restaurant and Bars. Hot Pot will be on the menu especially for Film Fair visitors.

The Saturday Dinner will be at the Hilton and as last year is being organised by Adrian Winchester. Call Adrian on 0208 6560168 for full details and to reserve your place

Bookings for dealer’s tables are now being taken, call Dave Guest on 07931926550 to book your table.

Accommodation for the Film Fair is available at the Hilton. A number of rooms have been reserved for Film Fair visitors. Bookings for these rooms MUST be made and paid for by

October 19th. early booking is adviseable as rooms are limited .To book a room call Julie Vincent at the HILTON on 01253 627977. Please have your credit card ready to make payment.

Remember. FOR THE VERY BEST, COME NORTHWEST. 4 star entertainment in a 4 star hotel
pics to follow shortly

[ February 11, 2013, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: David Guest ]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 07, 2013 10:35 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!!!!!!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 11:16 AM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTHWEST FILM FAIR 17th NOV 2013 NEW VENUE

-

The New Cinema Room
 -

-
The New Dealers Room
 -

A Welcome to Blackpool Awaits You.
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 07, 2013 11:19 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, that rules it out for me ... That room must cost a fortune at the Hilton ...

I want to spend money on films, not rooms. Can one still go, even if staying at another hotel or is it just for those who stay at Hilton?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 12:38 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re the new venue at the hilton
rooms are similar price to any other hotels in blackpool .admission to the film convention is the same as last year £5.00 .you can choose your accomaodation anywere in blackpool, if you want to pitch up a tent up on the beach you can do that also .every one is welcome to the film convention whether you are staying at the hilton or not

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 12:47 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just booked my room for the Saturday & Sunday night...it works out CHEAPER than it did at The Cliffs or The Savoy! Plus, the facilities are far better...such as the much bigger swimming pool!

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 01:10 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was this the old Pembroke Hotel on the seafront?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 07, 2013 01:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super ... Any hotels with a web site? I don't want to make a call, my english s**k too much

I'd really like to go and I don't need anything fancy, just a clean room with toilet and shower (can be old as the first film ever made) but clean is nice :-)

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 07, 2013 01:28 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar just an advise.

Got to www.kayak.com and you can pick the city and sort based on price. You will get plenty rooms.

--------------------
Winbert

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 01:29 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just answered my own question with this reply.
Hilton

Vidar if you are visiting I'll buy you a pint.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 07, 2013 01:31 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extremely nice of you (in a way ... because it's the thought that counts, right? ) Hi, hi ... don't drink alcohol, but appreciate the gesture. I'd be happy just to get to talk to some of the film experts around

Bow far away is Falcon Hotel - Guest house - Blackpool

Cheap, like I want it :-) I think Hilton is three or four times this one

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2013 02:44 PM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great.....I'll be there.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2013 02:56 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Booked my room for the sat and sunday nights. Looking forward!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2013 10:34 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any one wanting further info can speak to me at farnworth film fun day on the 23rd feb

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11 stalls booked in now at my northwest film fair

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 02:52 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have just purchased a 12ft screen and also a side winder scope screen 16ft accross by 4ft drop .these will be used in the cinema at my film fair which is to be held in blackpool in novemeber .i have 14 stalls booked in and paid to date anyone wanting a wall space best be quick

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2013 09:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re film fair heres a update re blackpool
i have over 15 stalls booked in and still getiing enquiries every week ,anyone wanting a stall best be quick as these are limited to new dealers attending. programme of events will be published soon films will be shown on my newly aquired 12ft screen

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 02:17 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly as many as I have for the East Lancashire Film Fair on the 27 April David!!
You will beat our event though come November but joking apart it is really nice to see some new dealers booking tables in 2013 and pleased they are spilling into the legendary Blackpool weekend at the sunny seaside. Film lives which is great all round!

As with all events around the country, use them or loose them.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2013 08:45 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone attending blackpool best be quick if they want a room at the Hilton only 10 left book now don't leave it to the last minute as you will not get one contact Julie
Accommodation for the Film Fair is available at the Hilton. A number of rooms have been reserved for Film Fair visitors. Bookings for these rooms MUST be made and paid for by

October 19th. early booking is adviseable as rooms are limited .To book a room call Julie Vincent at the HILTON on 01253 627977. Please have your credit card ready to make payment.

Remember. FOR THE VERY BEST, COME NORTHWEST. 4 star entertainment in a 4 star hotel
pics to follow shortly

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 10, 2013 01:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David. I wonder if you have ever thought of having a theme for the NW event as it would attract more people to it. Perhaps something along the lines of
‘We’re Going Ape’ Classic monsters from the silver screen.
You would get some of the classic monster collectors along as well as memorabilia collectors. You could screen a special programme of films for this which would go down very well indeed.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2013 07:51 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
northwest film is almost booked up now with over 30 tables booked in
spaces are now becoming limited anyone wanting a table book in now to avoid disappointment .also only a few rooms left for accommodation

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2013 05:53 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
northwest film fair has now got 33 tables booked in now and I am getting new enquires every day .today don,jack and myself set up my new 12 ft screen which looks great pics to follow anyone wanting a room at the Hilton there are only 9 left so book now or you will miss out more updates re films later

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 28, 2013 04:03 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt many collectors in the UK and beyond are particularly looking forward to this year's North West Film Fair, in view of David Guest's spectacular new venue, the big screen lined up for the cinema and all the usual attractions. BUT DON'T FORGET TO ALSO BOOK FOR THE DINNER! Here are the details:

Saturday 16 November. Enjoy a three course meal in the luxurious surroundings of Blackpool's 4 star Hilton Hotel. This will be followed by a one hour 16mm film show featuring a great selection of shorts, trailers, etc, compiled by James Cecil - the first ever Blackpool Saturday night 16mm show! The customary quiz and a raffle with sensationally good prizes complete the proceedings.

Tickets are still only £19 per head. Send bookings to: Adrian Winchester, 183 Shirley Road, Croydon, CR0 8SA, including a cheque payable to A Winchester and a SAE for your tickets and information sheet. Please provide names of guests, any dietary requirements, seating requests and your telephone number and email address. I can accept payment by Pay Pal. If staying at the Hilton, you can transfer your Saturday dinner to this event, but ask me for details. Your support is vital as we need 40 people and as with most events nowadays, it's a case of use it or lose it.

Questions? Send me a PM or email via the forum or Tel: 020 8656 0168. See you there!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 05:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not even a little super 8 Adrian? [Frown]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC