8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » FILM GUARD QUESTION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FILM GUARD QUESTION
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2013 06:05 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gang,
Just received Film Guard today and applied it to a couple of my films and probably went overboard on the stuff! My question is can I run the two films tonight or do I have to wait until it totally dries and wait 24 hours first?

Thanks,
RS

|  IP: Logged

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2013 06:16 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you applied too much you will have to wipe off the excess with a cloth. Just run it through the rewinds again as if you were applying it, but obviously with a dry cloth. The you should be able to watch the film right after.

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2013 06:17 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Thanks Tony!
RS

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2013 06:20 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Roger...well it really doesn't dry completely. I usually lightly spray some on a lint free cloth and hold the film gently inside as I run it through the rewinds. This removes dirt and lubricates the film. I can usually see some wetness still on the film itself and I run them right after cleaning...the films run smoothly through the projector. If you think you used to much just run the film on your rewinds again with a dry cloth to remove some of the excess. A little bit goes a long way.

Bill [Smile]

P.S. Sorry for the repeat info...I wasn't typing fast enough!

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2013 06:32 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Got it thanks very much!
Roger

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2013 07:56 PM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't use too much. It's as expensive as gasoline..

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 23, 2013 01:04 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but not as expensive as UK fuel, which works out at roughly
$12.00 per gallon, might be cheaper using Film Guard.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 24, 2013 08:03 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah and by Easter its meant to be going to be at a record high price, robin scum!!!!!
Anyway, back to film [Big Grin] , when i use film guard i often take the film back through a dry piece but dont actually put any pressure on at all and i find this works well, it leaves more than enough on, if you know what i mean,
If for arguments sake, clean a 400ft spool of film i find its usually only the first 50 feet or so that haves a little more on than is neccessary, [Wink]

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 08:57 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
which is the best for treating films with vinegar is it the vitafilm I have a few titles I want to treat to slow down the cancer.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 09:41 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
which is the best for treating films with vinegar is it the vitafilm I have a few titles I want to treat to slow down the cancer.
Jim, the only thing proven to slow Vinegar Syndrome is Molecular Sieve Acid Scavenger. I think you can get them from Urbanski Film. It's the last item on the linked page. Kodak also sells them when they have them in stock.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC