8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Blade Runner on ebay for INSANE price

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blade Runner on ebay for INSANE price
Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2013 01:39 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only in my dreams!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190843533028?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 27, 2013 02:39 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For that kind of money the buyer should get free shipping anywhere in the world [Eek!]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 27, 2013 08:02 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not New Zealand [Roll Eyes] why?.....at that price you could ship it to the moon. Anyway I saw it when it first came out on the big screen and it wasn't that great at the time. The recent $14 dollar blu-ray "directors cut" projected on a VP is much much better. [Smile]

Graham.

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2013 01:49 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to own this... but I just couldn't justify the (starting) price at even half what it's set at. [Roll Eyes]

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2013 02:52 AM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is trying to find one of those rich men who live in Rusia, China or Japan, for example. A science fiction fan, or a Blade Runner collector or lover. We have to think that not all the auctions of films are for films collectors. As an example, the Delorean cars buyers arenīt only car collectors or motor fans, a lot of Back To The Future fans dream with their own OUTATIME.
About the price, who knows? It can happen. How many 35mm prints of your desired title are available? Where and when? A rich man can spent any amount of money to get things, but we ALL only live once (unless you believe in reencarnation, and it would be difficult to be a film collector being a worm [Smile] ).

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 28, 2013 07:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh! At that price, you would think that they would at least have a few screenshots, even if it's just holding up the film in front of sunlight to take some photo's.

At any rate, whoever buys it, make super 8 prints of it! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 28, 2013 07:56 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It would make a nice 600' digest.Imagine suggesting that to the
prospective purchaser, just to see the expression on his face,
especially when he realises that his print has to be cut up!

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2013 08:23 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second OSI, whoever buys this film, should use to make super 8 or 16mm prints out of it. For such load of money some profit could be made. Maybe the famous "German Lab" could buy this print... They can count me on the list of buyers. [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 29, 2013 07:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I honestly couldn't see any profit being made on releasing it on Super, but individuals would certainly hound the German labs for prints, no doubt!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC