8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wittner Kinotechnik Super 8 Filmstocks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wittner Kinotechnik Super 8 Filmstocks
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2013 07:00 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I am no professional film maker, I just like to film highlights from the odd holiday and family get together for projection on Super 8.

While I have been quite happy with the results from the 3 cartridges of Fujichrome Velvia V50D, and 2 Ektachrome 100D I have shot over the last 8 months or so I am now down to my last cartridge.

Looking on the Wittner Kinotechnik website there is now more choice than ever for daylight colour reversal film stock in super 8 cartridges.

Ektachrome 100D
Fujichrome Velvia V50D
Fujichrome Velvia 100 Professional
Fujichrome Astia 100F Professional
Agfa Aviphot Chrome 200 Polyester

I am familiar with the Ektachrome 100D and the Velvia V50D, allthough tempted, as I have not used the other new filmstocks available so I not sure weather to give them a try. The Agfa polyester sounds interesting, but I remember Agfa film had a bad reputation for colour fade.

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 03, 2013 08:57 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark. We are really fortunate to be spoilt for choice at the moment especially with Reel Image offering the Agfa 200 stock at $25.50 (just over £16) a cartridge. I’m also quite keen to try this particular stock on some low light filming in the old Beaulieu which has delivered consistent results. Steve was telling me he has arranged a test report on the new stock for the Reel Image magazine so it will make an interesting read for sure. Velvia we use a great deal on 9-5 filming and you can always spot the quality easily with that particular stock which is simply excellent.

A sample.. http://vimeo.com/63422591

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC