8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Mould mould mould (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Mould mould mould
Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2013 05:28 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Central heating, wall to wall carpets, draught excluders, all this is responsible for my respiratory problems. I was much healthier growing up in a cold house with linoleum in the bedroom.

|  IP: Logged

Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2013 08:51 PM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would strongly recommend putting the films on plastic reels. The cardboard boxes are fine. They help the films breathe. Metal reels and metal cans, can help to cause VS. I personally only use metal reels for cleaning purposes. Most of my films are in their original cardboard boxes if possible. I feel they are the best way to go, or plastic cans with air holes that Larry Urbanski sells.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 29, 2013 03:12 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good Bradford, i'll look into that as well, the only reason we stuck with the Elmo 1200 reels was because they seem to be the only large super 8 spools that dont warp and wobble side to side when viewing, we do have some 1600 supaspools but a couple of them have "narrow" sections which as the film gets below around 400ft becomes quite noisey as the film is kind of squeezed, if you know what i mean? It does make sense now as i have at last checked every spool of film and the only ones that were affected are the ones on the Elmo 1200 metal spools, We have Terminator two mounted on 2 1600ft plastic spools in a plastic 16mm can and this one is absoutley fine, and of corse i have banned all wet washing being hung up in the basement area next to the film room and have to say the smell is gone, we are also waiting to have our chimney re potted with the correct ventilating pots. Fingers crossed its been caught in time, i will soon be clearing the room, getting rid of the trash and toys as the children are now growing up, a new coat of paint, re-arrange my posters,hopefully get a new light put in as a flouresent tube doesnt really give it the right feel [Big Grin] and hopefully it'l all look much better, assuming i survive the next round of redundancies at work otherwise its all on hold.
Thank you to everyone for your valued help on this matter. [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC