8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Night in Decatur, Georgia!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Night in Decatur, Georgia!
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 08:36 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all!

I thought this was kind of cool.

I was approached by a friend of mine who coordinates all of the art for Mellow Mushroom Pizzerias to start a family 8mm night!

It'll go perfect with the decor of the restaurant and should be tons of fun!

I'll post the details as they become available and if you're in the Atlanta area, c'mon out as this could be the start of something really cool! [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 04:13 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds a long-term commitment, but aren't you going to Japan to translate your novel?

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 06:57 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll only be in Japan for about three weeks. Plenty of time for 8mm goodness back on the home front! [Big Grin]

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 10:20 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, there was a chain of pizza restaurants called Shaky's. They showed 16mm movies, mostly Laurel and Hardy.

Up in Syracuse they watch 16mm features at the Spaghetti Warehouse.

There seems to be a connection with Italian food and 16mm screenings.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 06:53 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tim.... if they operate the ones here in Nashville, let me know.... might be interested.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC