8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Same Print, Different Cover (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Same Print, Different Cover
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 06:53 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The tape reel on the first cover of The Anderson Tapes looks like a super 8 spool... [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 01, 2013 09:45 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Some of the early silent Ken releases have terrific covers. Many of them are in this Great Box Art thread. To me, the Ken cover for Sound of Music is their laughable low point. We should start a "Worst Box Art" thread.

Jean-Marc,

I should have held onto that one for a new cover art quiz!

Robert,

True, however the side flap makes that distinction and to their credit, the catalog lists the title as "Moby Dick with JOHN BARRYMORE".

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2013 10:08 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly, this was a remake of a silent film he made 4 years earlier, titled The Sea Beast. Would love to see the complete feature.

Douglas 'The Worst Box Art' thread sounds a good idea.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 09, 2016 01:26 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I'd revive this topic with another cutdown that made an appearance in three different boxes.

UA-8 version 1
 -
The only one where they spell the star's name correctly!

UA version 2
 -

UA/Ken Films version 3
 -

Poor Mr. Lorre!

Disney changed the artwork on a number of their titles:

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 02:26 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that The Professionals mentions ester on the front.

The Columbia titles were not originally distributed by Mountain Films in the UK Capital Films used to do them.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 06:54 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My MIDGET CAR MANIACS is in a generic Abbott & Costello box.
Blackhawk changed the Laurel and Hardy boxes a few times -- early ones for the silents had a still on the cover from the movie contained within.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC