8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GAF 1388 - Help removing part

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GAF 1388 - Help removing part
Sean Sexton
Junior

- posted November 15, 2013 11:18 AM      Profile for Sean Sexton   Email Sean Sexton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a sniper transfer unit and the peg for 8mm film reel broke, so now I have to put tape on it each time I use 8mm so it doesn't slip off. I purchased a used GAF 1388 since that is the model used for the sniper, but unfortunately taking the piece off that I need is not as easy as I hoped. I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with taking parts of this machine. I've attached a screen shot of the piece i need to take off. Thanks in advance.
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2013 06:06 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sean

Take the rear cover off and then tap the delivery spindle shaft outwards, it will slide out of the black plastic driving hub and so release the spindle with the drive shaft attatched.

Use a pin punch to gently tap the drive shaft out of the plastic driving hub. You will find it there easily.

good luck with it.

dogtor frankarnstein [Razz] [Smile]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Sean Sexton
Junior

- posted November 16, 2013 12:03 PM      Profile for Sean Sexton   Email Sean Sexton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Frank! Worked like a charm.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC