8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Imac Bisonix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Imac Bisonix
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have acquired an Imac Bisonix which is a dual Super8/Standard8 sound projector but the amplifier is dead (keeps blowing a fuse). Would really like to get hold of a wiring diagram/schematic to help repair it. Have tried Film Tech but they don't list it. Has anyone got any ideas on where I might find one?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2013 01:15 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry, sorry to hear you got problems with your projector. Not the same projector, but my fumeo was doing the same thing. The projector was fine, lamp ok ,motor ok, all other functions good, but as soon as you replaced the amplifier fuse, popped it every time, but I did find the fault, one of the output transistors had failed. Its probably one of the only other electronic components that could draw the amount of current to blow the fuse, normally a direct short to ground. If you can get a look at this item it might be still around from an online electronics dealer.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2013 01:51 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Paul for your input and you may well be right. If that is so I have a further problem in that the transistors are the old Germanium? type. Where would you get these today

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi terry, try a search online or ebay, you can find stuff online, old and deleted obsolete items, what case style are they?. I was surprised to get my transistors for the fumeo, its looked like a rats nest inside, very old school, but sure enough rs still did that transistor off the shelf.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2013 02:17 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's good news. I guess I need to find out whether it is the transistor first. Thanks for all your help. I really would like to get this up and running because it is in very good condition otherwise.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 12, 2013 02:51 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look at Langrex on eBay for some hard to find items such as valves, transistors, etc.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LANGREX?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2013 04:20 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice. Your a mine of information.

Leonard Goss
Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2019 02:48 PM      Profile for Leonard Goss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is an old thread but did you ever get this sorted? I have acquired an IMAC Bisonix myself with a blown fuse!

--------------------
A fan of 8mm movies since the mid 1960s and still as keen as ever!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC