8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GOKO 8008 / ERNO RE-904 lube?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOKO 8008 / ERNO RE-904 lube?
Stig Lundberg 2
Junior

- posted January 08, 2014 03:40 PM      Profile for Stig Lundberg 2   Email Stig Lundberg 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a description on how to lubricate this one? Motor axis reaches from rear through a wall in to front part which I am unable to see how to dismantle.
My editor has been without use too long and now sound wow is so bad I can not use it for recording. This was previously the best recording unit for smooth sound, because of absence of claw mechanism.

--------------------
Stig, Gävle

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 18, 2017 04:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
From your last statement among that paragraph, I cannot say that I agree at all, although i take your point, that it makes it a more gentle handler of film than many many projectors are for recording purposes!

Without a claw or sprockets in circuit,you simply have no way to accurately control or govern the speed that the film actually moves past the sound head over any length of time.

You may very well have super silky smooth sound from the large capstan roller and drum with very little Wow, but you won't ever have consistency or repeatability,so far as frame rate is concerned passing over the magnetic head, Stig!
[Wink]

[ February 19, 2017, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Heinrich Kronschlaeger
Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 04:13 PM      Profile for Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Email Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also had a problem with sound wow on a Goko 8008. At first I thought the drive belts were bad. So I was going to change the belts ( ordered from Van Eck- high quality ). In the meantime I discovered that the long axis of the flywheel could only be turned with force. I disassembled this small wheel and oiled the axis. Since then, playing and recording with this Goko 8008 works very well again. I own some of them and am very happy with the recorded sound.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 19, 2017 04:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you keep it in lip sync over 600ft of film Heinrich?

--------------------

Heinrich Kronschlaeger
Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2017 01:11 AM      Profile for Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Email Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I don`t need lip sync in my movies

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 20, 2017 04:32 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Heinrich, obviously crossed wires. Youre talking home movies while my needs are for packaged movies. They will ok without the need for lip sync

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC