8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Beaulieu Top Sprocket Pictures for Andrew Woodcock. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Beaulieu Top Sprocket Pictures for Andrew Woodcock.
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 27, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the feedback on your machine Paul. It would appear the vast majority of these machines have the screw fully wound in giving the maximum clearance to film sandwiched between the guide and the underside of the top sprocket.

Mine, so far, has been the only exception with the black plastic feed guide being fully closed when I received the machine.

What I find particularly odd about the way mine was set before I realized it needed adjusting is, the projector was apparently previously owned by a very well known collector with a great deal of knowledge on all things cine from all accounts.

I had purchased one of his features from the same source just prior to obtaining the projector and it is without doubt the best print I have, Totally unmarked and absolutely as new!

Now if I had put this film through the machine when I first got it, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind it would have been totally ruined in one passing as it was set up. Very confusing I find??

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2014 03:04 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Projector all ready and waiting,working A1 again now as I am reliably informed by Bill.

Just got to work out a way of transporting it 288 miles North now without the courier junkies doing their absolute best to undo all his great work!

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2014 01:43 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, really looking forward to reading a happy post regarding the outcome of all this; I know it hasn't been easy and your determination reminds me of myself a few years back!!!

Please do keep us informed; my toes & fingers are crossed. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 25, 2014 03:18 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rob, you are a true gent! I am sure whatever work Bill has done will be absolutely A1, however I am, if I'm honest, just more than a little concerned by the handling of these delicate machines by couriers.

I have done all I can, in so much as booking it to arrive back to me in 24hrs or less. I have insured it in transit and packed it well in it's original box and polystyrene tailor made moldings.

I only concern myself as I have done these same steps and more previously with the Bauer, but it still managed to come back with its front foot slightly bent, which proves that the handling of these type of goods, clearly labelled as fragile, isn't the same by them as the T.L.C. and respect that we all give to them!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC