8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cine Film Supplies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cine Film Supplies
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 07, 2014 05:28 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To replace the 200' white boxes which were defaced with large stickers from Perry's Movies I ordered some nice new clean white boxes from fellow member John Vidler's website, Cine Film Supplies.

May I complement John on these new boxes, they are the best I have seen, not like some suppliers flimsy efforts which soon got tatty. These new ones have much thicker cardboard than we have been used to in the past.

May I heartily recommend these, and the 600' which I also ordered.

It will be nice to know when John also has 400' in stock.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2014 05:50 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree with you Maurice. Nice, sturdy boxes.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2014 02:11 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
II second these praises. I bought a certain number of these boxes for 50' reels which are really good.

--------------------
Maurizio

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2014 06:19 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps he has my HP Quick Splices available. No one on my side of the pond seems to have them. I don't really like the Kodak type.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 03:09 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James
Here are some tapes which may be suitable for you.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25x-Super-8-splicing-tapes-splice-tabs-fits-Hama-Agfa-Bonum-Quik-Splice-splicers-/191049915592

--------------------
Maurice

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 07:01 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having taken a look at the site, I was going to say that the 50 foot boxes, being nearly £1 each, are a bit expensive, but I note that Mr Vidlor manually cuts them down from 200 ft boxes, so in view of the careful and painstaking craftmanship involved, I think they represent a bargain!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2014 11:28 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those would be the correct type. I'd likely buy a 200 count roll anyway so I'll be stocked up for a long time.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 11:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is everyone aware that Phil Sheard at classic home cinema sells plain white boxes of most spool sizes?

John Vidler
Junior

- posted April 09, 2014 01:49 AM      Profile for John Vidler   Author's Homepage   Email John Vidler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, and thank you for the kind words about my boxes. Just to let you know that if you order direct from www.cinefilmsupplies.co.uk you will save 10% on my eBay prices. All prices include Free UK shipping and for overseas customers you pay just one flat rate charge, however much you order.

I am trying to provide some of the harder to get sizes of box which are uneconomic to get manufactured in bulk. I can also make custom spool boxes in sizes to fit 9.5mm reels and I also welcome bulk orders.

I am working on some other box sizes, including feature boxes for multiple reels in both Super 8 and 16mm and I hope to have a 16mm 400ft box ready soon.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement.

Cheers, John

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 09, 2014 05:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep up the good work John! Very much appreciated and hopefully I will be purchasing more of the 1200ft boxes very soon!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2014 05:43 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for the update John, will soon order some 800 boxes; also look forward to your 16mm ones!

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC