8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2014 02:53 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a very big thanks to doug Meltzer for putting on the programme of events at my film fair at the Hilton .I tried but could not seem to do it once again thanks for all your help. I am glad that the forum as some one like you as a member regards david

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 04, 2014 03:21 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope it's okay that I stole those pictures and posted on my facebook Reel Magic page too? We are trying to get people to come, so it's just meant to promote this event

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2014 03:22 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Yanis, Dave Guest is right if you are going to be in the lounge of the Hilton hotel on Saturday night you would be more than welcome to come to the convention dining room after the dinner, and join in the raffle if you wish,watch the after dinner film show and chat and have a drink with fellow film collectors,we have our own private bar in the dinning room.

Looking at the convention flyers posted here on the forum it looks as though this years convention will one of the best yet and no mistake.Well done Dave Guest and your team.

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends and collectors from the UK.and from over seas from Friday onwards...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 04, 2014 04:33 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's quite a few staying at the same hotel here, so let's all go, if we are allowed (for 3 GBP wasn't it?)

Nice to have a talk and meet (although it might be many you want to talk to and have not enough time)

Looking forward to this

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2014 07:54 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Dave, David and Vidar, will be a pleasure to see you Sat nite at the raffle & the film show & have a chat! Vidar, also looking forward to having breakfast with a fellow collector; last time this happened in Blackpool was about ten(!) yrs ago... [Eek!]

--------------------
Yannis

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 04, 2014 08:22 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just confirming that all non-diners are very welcome to come to the Saturday night raffle (which will be great fun with around 20 prizes) and film show. You won't regret it - it has been a part of the Blackpool weekend since 1985, so if travelling a long distance, why not drop in! Yes, entry is £3 and you can pay on arrival or catch me at the Friday night show as I'll be at this. Please arrive at 9.30pm on Saturday and the venue is the Nelson Room near the front of the hotel.

If anyone is still considering coming to the dinner, please note that the last day to book will be Sunday 9th.

It all looks set to be a fantastic Film Fair, with more films on offer than there have been for several years. My advice is bring plenty of cash if you can, because you're likely to need it! If you're someone who always thinks "This looks good - I can't manage it this year but I'll make the effort next year", THIS has to be the year you go, because it will offer everything you could reasonably hope for!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2014 03:13 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I greatly look forward to this superb event. Just putting the finishing touches to the after dinner reel!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2014 05:12 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lorry loaded up with over 700 films and 15 plus 16mm projectors also 2 super 8 elmo gs1200 I will be there from Friday dinner time any one wants anything ring me on 07931 926550 see you al soon please support this event use it or lose it

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very much looking forward to this now cant wait to see everybody and hopefully buy some great new films.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2014 06:29 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....will be good to see Gary again after one yr;what time's the gathering at Hilton for those not attending? I'll probably arrive @ 9 at Moorings...

--------------------
Yannis

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 11, 2014 06:50 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just letting anyone coming to the film show/raffle on the Saturday night (at 9.30pm) know that the Hilton have changed the room again! We are now back where we started, in the Neville/Mortimer Rooms within the Lancaster Suite on the ground floor. These should be signposted from the reception area, but if you head past reception towards the back of the hotel, you should find them to the left of the main corridor.

I'm delighted to say that we have 48 attending the dinner - the highest number since the Derann days - and I expect we will number well over 50 when non-diners join us. I'm looking forward to seeing Simon's Fumeo projecting on the Hilton's 8 foot screen!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 12, 2014 05:55 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, if only someone would let me know on any RKO shorts or cut-downs from Mountain, DCR, and others, concerning Clark & McCullough, Leon Errol or Edgar Kennedy - Cheers, Shorty

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2014 08:58 AM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,
I'll be attending the film fair for the first time in about 20 years. I normally go to the one in London evey year. I'll be staying at the Moorings on Saturday and Sunday nights, and coming to the dinner and film show.
It sounds like a brilliant weekend and I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow collectors and making new friends.
See you there!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 12, 2014 09:46 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is sounding like an incredible event, which I am sure all of us would love to attend. But for those of us who cannot be there, I do hope there will be many many photo's and comments posted here for us all to enjoy.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like we will be taking over The Moorings [Smile] We are arriving on the Friday night is anyone bringing stuff to the bring and buy sale i have couple of features i think im going to bring.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 12, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're also taking over the Collingwood Hotel not far behind the Savoy, which has happened most years since around 1990! With the permission of the owner, last year we even started having a little Super 8 show in the lounge on the Sunday night. This meant that some of us kept the entertainment going until 00:30 on Monday morning! It's one way to see some purchases before going home.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2014 04:53 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had thought about bringing my elmo with me to have a little viewing in the hotel think its decided that i will [Smile]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 13, 2014 05:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will History dictates that this often happens [Smile] It wouldn't be the first time some of us staying in B&B's have commandeered the lounge to screen a midnight show and often small venues will keep the bar open as well.

Good news! I am about to spool up the Friday night Hilton CINEMAZIA Super 8 programme yay... [Cool]

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2014 08:10 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee i cannot wait [Smile] will be good to see you again who staying at The Moorings is arriving tomorrow night?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2014 04:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well it wont be long now before I head of to blackpool in my lorry loaded with films projectors of all gauges .plus loads of rare lamps valves , speakers ,cine accessories feature films from £20.00 each .there will be hotpot served in the Hilton at dinner time on sunday plus tea and coffee sold in the foyer .also this year there will be a sweet stall selling all the favourite sweets. choc eclairs ,mint humbugs ,sherbert lemons ,bon bons,and many mant more in fact of 30 different lots of sweets all at a £1.00 a bag plus nut britle and nougat and coconut ice ,to everyone who is coming and driving u the prom towards the Hilton there a 11 speed cameras from the tower to the Hilton .only 30mph take care and see you all soon

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 13, 2014 06:28 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all sounds absolutely fabulous, and I am sure most of us on the forum would just love to be there.
Good luck to David and all the organizers of this event. And remember........LOTS OF PICS PLEASE. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2014 02:52 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just getting ready to leave for this, when the rain in London eases up bit, so will see you at the film show tonight.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2014 11:03 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hope every one enjoyed the weekend at my film fair .many thanks for coming from near and far .hope every one got home ok ,a very special thanks to don sykes and bob for doing the cinema for me. paul barker for doing the bring and buy ,and simon and mark for helping me set up on the morning also lee for supplying the Friday show ,.without these guys the show would not go on .room has been booked for next year 2015 updates will follow later thanks and I thank every one for their nice comments which I received .I believe there will be some pictures posted later so please be patient has it takes quite a while to do this regards david guest

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2014 11:14 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another stunning weekend in every way. Big thanks to David and Elaine for their excellent organisational skills to put on this brilliant event. This year was very different for me since I was putting on the after dinner film show the previous evening. It was quite a nerve wracking event but I would like to offer my sincere thanks to Mark Norton for helping me with the projection. He managed to keep the picture in perfect focus throughout thanks to his spot on projection skills. Adrian Winchester excelled himself the previous evening by putting together the film collectors' dinner which just gets better and better each and every year. As usual on the Sunday there were plenty of bargains to be had at the film convention but without everybody involved the event would never ever be as good as it has now become. Without a doubt David Guest and Adrian Winchester have injected new life into both of these time-honoured and well respected events Long may they continue

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2014 12:00 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just got home with the films I bought, wish I'd taken better luggage to carry things in something with wheels would have helped. If I had I would have bid for more in the auction. A great, fun, weekend in a great venue, with good weather as well. Thanks to all involved.
I'll try uploading some pictures later too.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC