8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool
Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2014 04:22 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a great event yet again. just seems to get better.some really lovely titles on offer,and great to see everyone. long may it continue.

|  IP: Logged

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2014 02:09 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey just wanted to say a big thank you to all involved in organising a great event. A huge thanks to David and his wife also to Adrian for organising a great meal and quiz. Table D at the dinner was a great table to be at we had a great laugh although most of us had never met. Simon Conway for his after show film show on a pretty stunning projector. A huge thanks to Lee Mannering for his Friday show. Even Phil Silvers had rose up and joined us which was a very nice touch [Smile] Thanks to all the dealers who turned up and allowed us to add to our collections my universal horror collection expanded more than i thought it would [Smile] finally to everyone in our hotel we had some great chats about film and even had our own screening in the lounge area. Roll on next year i think its safe to say Blackpool film fair will only continue to grow from this years success my wife was sceptical of going as she sees me as a geek but had an amazing time and cant wait to go back again that is huge for her haha.

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2014 03:37 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife Diane and I must also take this opportunity to thank David and his helpers for an absolute first class event. From many years of working at Derann, I am very much aware of the time and effort involved. It is always great to meet up with collector friends and here's looking forward to 2015. Again, sincere thanks to all involved

Kindest Regards Always

Gary & Diane

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2014 11:42 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know its been said before but a big thankyou to david guest for organizing this great event ,and also to adrian winchester for the saturday night dinner and simon and mark for the films show on saturday .it was great to meet old friends and make new ones .William my partner was also unshure about going but enjoyed it in the end partly due to your wife and also others that she met at the dinner and on the sunday aswell we will defiantly be back next year ,and like many others i have lots of new films to go through [Smile]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 19, 2014 06:26 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My compliments to David and his team and to all who helped make it a memorable weekend. Thanks for the kind words about the dinner - the 52 attending was a big jump from last year and it was great to see how many were making their first visit. I think the new recruits were considerably younger than the average age of film collectors, which was encouraging! Many thanks to Simon McConway - ably assisted by Mark Norton - for a show that was absolutely unique in view of the amount of original camera footage included. It was fascinating to see past and present events, including Derann's final day, and I know that a lot of time went into the editing. Simon even shot a number of captions to accompany the images.

Thanks also to David Watson for his help and fantastic raffle prize contributions, which included a like new Super 8 'Supergirl' feature. Congratulations to Eddie Goodwin, who won a challenging quiz by getting all 15 questions correct.

There were a very impressive selection of dealers on Sunday, although I didn't find as much to buy as usual. It's strange that Derann releases from the 1980s and beyond seem to have disappeared at conventions! One or two dealers that regularly sell (e.g.) Disney features and other comparatively recent releases should perhaps consider coming next year, as I'm sure they would do very well. One lesson I've learned is to not be too put off if you see box of films that seems full of routine items of little interest. An associate looked through such a box and found a recent 16mm print of 'Pieces of Silver', and was charged a mere £10 for it, despite the can still having a Derann sticker indicating the new price of £59.99! Reels and other bits and pieces were on offer for a fraction of typical eBbay prices.

Finally. I must add my thanks in relation to the Hilton's staff, who are exceptionally helpful and friendly. The surroundings greatly enhance the event and the food I had on Saturday and Sunday night was excellent.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 19, 2014 06:35 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A huge thank you from us here in Norway also. Had a great weekend with lots of great people. Hope to be able to get more of our members on the next trips

I don't own a hat, but if I did, I'd take it off for your efforts

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2014 03:51 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for all your nice comments regards david

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2014 07:08 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fabulous event. Disappointing that I missed it yet again, must try harder next year. Shame that CHC didn't attend particularly when their recent releases were screened on the day and could have got many sales.

Can anyone remember what films were shown during the Friday night and Saturday night film shows??

Graham S

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2014 10:49 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very important announcement my north west film fair in blackpool will be held a week later .sunday 22nd novemeber 2015 .this is due to the irish weekend on the same day as my film fair taking up all the rooms ,so please note next years date is
22nd novemeber 2015 at the Hilton hotel blackpool thanks you all for attending regards david guest

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2014 07:15 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone know if there will be another friday night film show and get together at next blackpool film fair 2015.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2014 07:21 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi paul if I can get the room again yes there will be a Friday show

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2014 02:30 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to echo the sentiments of everyone who attended, a great day to be had by all and a BIG BIG thanks to David and his wife, without them the event would never exist, thank's David, see you next year.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC