8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 Film Developing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Film Developing
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2014 09:57 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anybody steer me in the right direction for Super 8 Film Developing in the states?

Thanks!

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 28, 2014 12:04 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Tim

I just asked the same question in another thread.

Spectra Film and Video in CA.

I emailed them and the response I got was 65.00 and 90 days time. That's how long it take for the chemicals to be ready. Plus in will be a negative print in B&W and will have to be transferred to DVD to view. That is extra by the way.

PatD

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 28, 2014 12:37 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pasquale, the price and the delay you give are for Kodachrome cartriges. They are expensive to process because the original chemical is no longer available. Current new cartriges are cheaper and faster to process. I will let American members advise about a lab as I leave in Europe.

--------------------
Dominique

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2014 06:19 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy, if you are developing Ektachrome 64T/100D then Dawynes Photo in KS is the way to go. Its around $12-15 a roll and about 3 days for service.

Color negative, best option is Cinelab in MA.

B&W, PacLab is NY. They are the fastest bc b&w is the easiest to process. I've shown up at the lab and if you get there by 10am they will have it ready for you by the end of that day.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC