8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 9 Success (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CineSea 9 Success
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 04, 2014 04:25 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the addition of some new collectors, now life friends, we all enjoyed a laughing and informative time - My gratitude to Doug Meltzer & Lou Franchetti for arranging and coordinating the events and needs to make for continued great shows - On behalf of John Black and myself, you do it all grandly - Our dear friend, Claus Harding for picturing everything tastefully, and of course, to the greatest assortment of collectors wheeling and dealing amid the happy sounds of whirring projectors and shop-talk - Thank you all - Lookiong forward to the next - God Bless from Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 04, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to hear that you had good time (as we expected from the pictures and the video of preceeding editions). You're lucky to have this event. I hope to see pictures soon.

--------------------
Dominique

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 04, 2014 04:56 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good. Looking forward to the photos.
[Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 04, 2014 06:30 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And video [Big Grin]

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 10:09 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a lovely weekend.... collectors and friends getting together to "collectively" enjoy our hobby. We had people there this time from Iceland and from Ohio. I have never understood why the many hobbyists who live within a couple of hours of our Cinesea meeting don't come and enjoy it with us. Oh well, their loss. Next meeting will be mid October.

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just posted a video on YouTube if anyone wants to get an idea what Cinesea is all about. Please pardon some of the video's imperfections, but I'm still trying valiantly to master the intricacies of my still/ video camera. It's called Cinesea Video and Pix.001

--------------------
Joe

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 06:17 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a GREAT time I had visiting my fellow film buffs this past week-end ! I feel EVERYTHING was WELL WORTH the effort put forth to drive 1200 miles and experience this cool bonding and FUN !!
Saturday's dinner meeting was classic and what GREAT film showings afterward ! I feel also I have many more friends and would continue to support this forum . What a privilege to see all the different interests and very cool films , in all formats ( 16MM , Super 8 & 8 ).
Thanks , guys .
See you next time , I hope !!

--------------------
Dave

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 05, 2014 09:17 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Claus going to post his usual picture report?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 12:21 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the video, Joe. Aways nice too see projectors un use and piles of films ! It seems from your comment on youtube and what we see in your video that 16 mm was the most present gauge this year. Hope to see pictures soon.

--------------------
Dominique

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 08:43 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting the video Joe! I wanted so badly to go but I guess it wasn't meant to be [Frown] . I always have a wonderful time and I love that unique area sooo much too, its just an extra perk [Smile] .

I am hoping there is one in October again and as soon as a date is confirmed and posted I will start making plans.

I'd like to say "Nothing will stop me!", but I'd just be ASKING for trouble [Wink] .

James.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 09:26 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures are coming, and, a bit later, some video as well.
I have to work a bit on the pictures and then get them downsized to fit the forum requirements, so be patient [Smile] They'll be there.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 12:29 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a link to Joe Vannicola's video, please?

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 12:45 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, try this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkIJRSkQmFU

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 12:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cinesea+Video+and+Pix.001

--------------------
Dominique

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 02:39 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey i do have the date to the next Cinesea it is
October 18th & 19th, Saturday and Sunday, Lets try to make it if you never have yet you will have a great time

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 03:00 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty agrees

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 03:04 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, looks like I won't be at the Fall edition either! [Frown] The 18th of October is already booked for me. I'll be vending at an unrelated trade show in Hamburg, Pa. that day....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 06, 2014 10:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was one for the books: a nice selection of films for sale, a great film show and a good crowd too!

My wife has been recuperating from back surgery since February. I thought she deserved a change of scenery so I invited her to come with my son and me.

How good was the weekend? My un-film wife had a great time and actually came home with a reel or two of her own!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2014 03:39 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you had a good time Steve Hopefully see you again in October

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 03:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful effort folks and I loved the Popeye and spotting the Eumigs!
Well done.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 07, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was such a fun weekend! I had a remarkable time. Thanks to the CineSea Cinéastes (Film Family? Sprocket Squad?) for coming out and making this 9th gathering so memorable.

Special thanks to long distance travelers Paul Oscar from Reykjavík (2nd visit) and Dave Baker, who drove 12 hours from Ohio!
First timer Ernie Zahn made the trip from Connecticut with his girlfriend Yasin, and had his Elmo ST 1200HD wow & flutter problem solved by John Capazzo.

I couldn't keep track of the number of films being screened all over the room. If one was just going by the audio mix, people were watching Abbott & Costello meet Godzilla and Debra Paget, while Daffy Duck was getting legal advice from Perry Mason and Elvis.

After a very enjoyable dinner, the evening screening started off with a fun Bugs Bunny and friends promo on Super 8mm welcoming us all to this Warner Brothers Cinema.

-

-

The new CHC release of Partly Cloudy looked terrific.

-

The Piccolo digest of Young Frankenstein (English soundtrack) was next, with the Blind Hermit sequence getting the biggest laughs.

-

Keeping with the Frankenstein theme, the new Reel Image release Magoo Meets Frankenstein was very well received. The colors on this polyester print are gorgeous.

-

-

Gary Crawford showed us the fascinating opening scene from the 1947 RKO production Riffraff. There is no dialog for the first six minutes, however the visuals create a strong noir atmosphere, very moody and effective. I had never heard of this film, so thanks to Gary for his 16mm presentation.

Steve Klare brought Super 8 footage he and his son filmed at a previous CineSea. It was nicely shot and the 100D colors really popped. Steve also showed his print of the classic What's Opera, Doc?.

Back on the 16mm front, Gary Sloan showed the Joe McDoakes' short So You Want to Be a Salesman, a very funny entry in the Man Behind the Eight Ball theatrical series.

Ernie Zahn contributed his scope Inception trailer, with a great stereo soundtrack. That was followed by a nice looking print of the Mission Galactica trailer (German audio), highlighting the release in Sensurround! If anyone has an English version of this trailer, please let me know.

Joe Vannicola's homemade 16mm cutdown of Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster then hit the screen. The best part is that Joe cut out all the annoying non-monster sections!

How to follow Godzilla? With Laurel & Hardy, of course. The Walton 200 footer L&H's Musical Moments is always a crowd pleaser.

A few more shorts and we finished up with the Cineavision scope print of Jaws 2.

This would be a good spot to thank the staff at the Ocean Holiday. They are so helpful and accommodating to us. How many places would let a group of film fanatics keep screening till 1 AM?

The next CineSea Film Collectors Weekend will take place on October 18th & 19th. This will be the 10th show and we hope to do something special to commemorate reaching that number. We've discussed adding an additional day among other things, so please try to join us!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 12:17 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waw. What can you say when you read Dougs review and the comments of those who were lucky enough to attend the event ? Just that you regret you were not there :-(

--------------------
Dominique

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2014 05:08 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique: we'd love to have you this October!

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 08, 2014 05:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, John. of course, I wish also that it would be possible.

--------------------
Dominique

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2014 06:02 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tempted to come up for the Oct weekend!

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC