8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fujica ZC 1000 Single 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fujica ZC 1000 Single 8
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2014 06:43 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to get this camer and I read that it requires AA batteries, but I have not figured out if it works only with the type of batteries "normal", or I can also use rechargeable type batteries.
Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2014 09:02 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I've tested the camera with both types of batteries and didn't encounter any problems. I'm currently using "low self discharge" rechargeable batteries...

Jörg

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2014 06:08 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Joerg! In addition to Frank Bruinsma you know any other shop for SIngle 8, maybe someone with stock funds?

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2014 04:47 PM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately not. The shops are down to http://www.super8.nl/ and http://film.club.ne.jp/ :-(
(Wittner, FFR, ... used to stock Single8, too. But they're out of stock and didn't restock. Alternatively you can reload older carts yourself -> http://www.nakanocam.com/8mm_page/8mmcartridgeandr.html At least andec and super8.nl will return the empty carts together with the processed film.)

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2014 04:38 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.super8.nl/ is very effcient, he's an expert and kind, and still has a well-equipped laboratory; in Europe is a great reference point.

http://film.club.ne.jp/: I've never tried it, it seems to me that the english website is not very complete, but it seems he still has the tape for splicer and Cinevia Single8 50D, which in Europe there is no more (and now over even the 64T [Frown] ). You buy from them? How are you doing with this shop?

Andec, of course, from it i purchase fom my 8mm cameras, but a few days site is down.
http://film.club.ne.jp/

Thank you, Joerg!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 02, 2014 05:11 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if there has been an optical sound camera (the Fujica Z400, announced in a French book published in 1976) ?

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2014 06:20 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several Fujica cameras had the optical sound (while the cartridges with the magnetic sound had to be recorded only after the development with the projector, it seems to me, or the Fuji added the strip in mute film, Japan still does, always to register after with the projector) even if i never understood if there were Single 8 cartridges with optical track or you had to find a device with a Super 8 film (in fact some sort of Single 8 cameras show like that, but i never understood how to do it, maybe with the Super 8 film in the Single cartridge).
Maybe Joerg knows best!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 04, 2014 12:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So there has never been direct sound magnetic recording single 8 cameras ? I remember the super 8 PS (post sonorisation ?)cartriges. They were the same size as silent cartriges, and so could be used in silent cameras. You got a silent film back from development but with a magnetic track, so you could immediately sonorize your film. Was that the only magnetic sound option with single 8 ? To come back to optical, I thought that the sound could be recorded on normal filmstock and so that a silent cartrige could become a sound one in an optical sound camera. Is that too easy ?

--------------------
Dominique

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2014 02:26 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

• Andec's webpage is back online. :-) Unfortunately they stopped selling Single8-films several years ago.
  • Yes, there had been Single8-cameras that recorded live-sound the "Ektasound"-way (onto the main track of the two magnetic soundtracks). These cameras do have a "Sound" in their name: http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Category:Single8 However none of them can do sound-recording at 24fps. And many of them run at 20fps (instead of 18fps) when loaded with a "silent cart". Hence I avoided them. Here's a comparison of the two different mag-sound-carts (Super8 and Single8): http://www.nakanocam.com/8mm_page/soundfilm.html
  • AFAIK the only Single8-camera that uses an optical soundtrack to record live-sound is this one: http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Fujica_ZS400 Unfortunately the quality of the sound is reported to be low. And the films are difficult to edit as the sound is recorded 18 frames prior to its corresponding picture.
  • I was always pleased with Retro8 (alias film.club.ne.jp). However the last years I've had the problem that they didn't react to some of my eMails. (Which was most likely due to the fact that the owner, Tak Kohyama, had some other projects running in parallel. And I'm not sure whether his employees also answer eMails...)
Jörg

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2014 04:30 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had actually seen this list:
http://www.super8data.com/database/articles_list/single8_cameras_list.htm
and I remembered that it was written "optical sound" in many camera sheets, instead as rightly says Joerg, only on Fujica_ZS400: http://www.super8data.com/database/cameras_list/cameras_fuji/fujica_zs400.htm
But it says "sound: single-system, optical recording on super 8 film". What does this mean? There were already Single8 cartridges with optical track?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 04, 2014 04:31 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the informations.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2014 05:13 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg, I wanted to ask:
with the 8mm, Super 8 and 9.5mm I use standard photographic filters, the type Wratten 80A to shoot indoor with my halogen lamp 3400K and daylight films.
Then I use various ND filters to darken the image when there is too much light (variable shutter on cameras excluded).
Obviously I use the right diameter for the various cameras, also using ring adapters.

About the ZC1000:

- With the use of daylight film in indoor, it's okay the usual use of 3400K halogen lamp and filter Wratten 80A (the blue one)? To do this, I can buy a normal photographic filter just the right size for the lens of ZC1000 (62mm)?

- I would also use ND filters (4, 8, 16, etc..), when I don't use the variable shutter of the Fuji camera. Also in this case goes well a normal photographic filter (ND 4, 8, ...) with a diameter of 62mm or Fujica requires something specific?

Thank you!

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2014 05:18 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Joerg, I wanted to ask:
with the 8mm, Super 8 and 9.5mm I use standard photographic filters, the type Wratten 80A to shoot indoor with my halogen lamp 3400K and daylight films.

This depends on the film! For the current daylight films 80A is the correct choice. (There are also similar filters like 80B,...!)

However in most cases the halogen lamp most likely isn't the only light-source (sun shining through the windows,...). So you'll end up with a "mixed light". And with most films this "mixed light" will result in "good enough" images without any filter. However when your halogen lamp is the only source (or by far the strongest one), then I would definitely use the 80A.

quote:
Then I use various ND filters to darken the image when there is too much light (variable shutter on cameras excluded).
Obviously I use the right diameter for the various cameras, also using ring adapters.

Using the 80A you'll end up not having to any ND-filter.

quote:
With the use of daylight film in indoor, it's okay the usual use of 3400K halogen lamp and filter Wratten 80A (the blue one)? To do this, I can buy a normal photographic filter just the right size for the lens of ZC1000 (62mm)?
Yes.

quote:
- I would also use ND filters (4, 8, 16, etc..), when I don't use the variable shutter of the Fuji camera. Also in this case goes well a normal photographic filter (ND 4, 8, ...) with a diameter of 62mm or Fujica requires something specific?
Any M62-filter will do (as the ZC1000 uses the default pitch for M62,...).

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2014 05:51 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:Joerg, I wanted to ask:
This depends on the film! For the current daylight films 80A is the correct choice. (There are also similar filters like 80B,...!)
However in most cases the halogen lamp most likely isn't the only light-source (sun shining through the windows,...). So you'll end up with a "mixed light". And with most films this "mixed light" will result in "good enough" images without any filter. However when your halogen lamp is the only source (or by far the strongest one), then I would definitely use the 80A.
------------------------------------------------------
Yes, of course I meant with the color film, and with the b/w just usually go, for example, from 100 Asa to 80 Asa, from 200 Asa to 160 Asa and so it goes.
You have done well to remember the variation that may give lights from the windows and the like, but I use only the light of the Lamp, trying to close all other light sources.

By the way, what do you think about the use of 80B with the 3400K? Because all recommend 3400K+Wratten 80A, but the 80A it would be more suitable for the 3200k, while the 80B for 3400k!

quote:
Using the 80A you'll end up not having to any ND-filter.
-----------------
In this case I meant outdoors.
In indoor, rightly 80A already deducts two stops...

quote:
Yes.
-----------------------------------------------------
Thank you!

quote:-
Any M62-filter will do (as the ZC1000 uses the default pitch for M62,...).
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you!

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2014 04:30 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The time was a bit 'ruined the operation of the FRAM COUNTER (in zc 1000 it's "digital", that works together with the variable shutter lever) which always runs well, very smooth, but they happen to have the hitch (very rare), the numbers at stop counter do not appear complete to little glass but stopped in half (rare), and especially if I reset the counter (with shutter lever in this Fujica) does not come out "000" but numbers at random.
I can't try to fix it from the outside of camera? I tried to make it run at maximum speed, minimum, back and forward, by tilting the camera in different ways, but nothing... I would not open the camera just for that, so I ask:
is a problem that remains within the frame counter? I can be sure it will not affect to the rest of functions? Because, if so, I use frame by counting even with those problems (adding when not reset, little looking if it crashes, etc.).
Thank you!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC