8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 70mm on 8mm ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 70mm on 8mm ??
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 29, 2014 01:39 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ongoing lifetime fascination with 70mm film has developed into a proposal..

I wonder if one of our 8mm distributors would consider releasing a 200ft trailer reel containing films which extol the virtues on 70mm within the content. For instance, in 1967 the Gone with the wind reissue trailer boasted quite a bit how great its 70mm rework was so this would be quite interesting. I cant recall any super 8 trailer reel which contained materials which heavily mentioned the fact they come to you in 70mm and it would make quite a unique reel for today’s collectors.

|  IP: Logged

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2014 04:53 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cineavision trailer of Ben-Hur starts with a caption with the text: In 70MM and Full Stereophonic Sound.
And I beleive it's mentioned in the El Cid and Lawrence of Arabia trailers to.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2014 08:37 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben-Hur
 -

Lawrence of Arabia
 -

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2014 01:07 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann's release of the double bill reel The Raven & Kelly's Heroes. The Kelly's was "Presented in 70mm with 6 track stereo sound.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC