8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Jurassic Park

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jurassic Park
Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2014 10:31 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just acquired a nice full length print of this classic from ebay, This is not a new German print as the Titles are in English, it has a trailer at the start, then the DTS logo, I don't think Derann ever released it so my question is who did?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phillip, I'm sure it was a CHC release, also I think Derann had a few copies done too but had problems with the sound stripe sticking, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2014 05:26 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I heard Derann did some near the end.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2014 02:43 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps some other members can shed more light on this, but as I remember it, Derann did actually "release" this as a surprise many years ago at one of the Blackpool Conventions.

This is going back to the time CHC were just about, or had just started in business.

The prints, were, ahum, "imports", and probably came from a certain German lab which was making prints before CHC was set up.

Apparently, they were acetate even back then and Derann striped them using the standard in-house stripe for polyester. Result; a lot of prints ended up shedding mag stripe.

Phillip, do you think your print is acetate or polyester? That might give some clues. And how is the mag stripe? Does it look like post-stripe or laminate?

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2014 05:28 PM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob, I have only just managed to watch the whole film and it is a German print, it has German subtitles in one scene, I have to say I am really impressed with it, the colour and sharpness are excellent and the sound is booming stereo. I was surprised as I was the only One who bid on it and got it for a nice price.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC