8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Colin Clarkes Home Cinema Featured In F.F.T.C

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Colin Clarkes Home Cinema Featured In F.F.T.C
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 09, 2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading FFTC this morning, edition number 22, July 1992 (The one with "The Rescuers Down Under" on the front cover), and in the review section, which I have to say was a 40 page bumper edition by Keith Wilton featuring loads of Derann's very best, there is a review of Silence Of The Lambs (a feature I am very keen to find one day).

Keith put off watching this movie for some time as I get the impression that he felt he thought it wasn't going to be his kind of film. Anyhow the more he put off watching the film, the more pressure he was up against from his Wife and fellow colleague Colin Clarke to watch and review the film given the imminent up and coming convention.

He (Keith) also goes on to mention that Colin Clarke's home cinema was featured in one of the FFTC editions just past, so I would guess somewhere around edition 16-20.

As I now own Colin's machine from back then in his Cinema, I would be really interested in seeing the article featured in the relevant edition of FFTC.

Whilst I have many editions of the excellent magazine from this peak period in Derann's history, I don't have this one.

If anyone could point me the way to a copy or even send me photocopy or scan or digital photo of this particular article, I would be eternally grateful thanks!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 09, 2014 05:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Any help anyone...surely someone on here must have nearly, if not all editions?

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2014 05:58 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, hope you are well? I will have a look tomorrow to see if I can locate the article.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 09, 2014 06:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Keith, thanks for the response, I was beginning to give up hope! Hope Mrs Ashfield is well on the way to you know what and very best regards to both, as always, my good friend!!

I am ok, as ever keith, battling against a teenage son determined to take the world by storm ... ha ha, but otherwise good. Somehow Keith, I guess you understand the strain the next generation put upon us all, better than most!! l.o.l.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2014 06:24 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found it! [Smile] Issue 18 [Wink]

Have scanned page and will email it to you.

-

Mrs A is recovering well, despite having developed a DVT in her leg from the knee replacement and spending a night in hospital after a heart attack scare!

I am begining to think she is starting to like hospital food (or she wants a break from me) [Big Grin]

As for the next generation? She now threatening patricide and matricide (in the order of usefulness to her) [Roll Eyes]

Where would be be without kids? [Confused]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 06:36 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much Keith, you are true Gent my friend!

So sorry to hear what Mrs A has been going through, I do hope things improve health wise very very soon!

As for our other burdens Keith, never let the tail wag the dog.. that's my motto. Stay calm Keith and I look forward to catching up with you very soon.

Thanks again Keith and take care.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 10:04 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,
Colin Clarke's home cinema is featured in 'Armchair Odeon's' Number 4, and it really looks awesome with a couple of Beaulieu Super 8 projectors, plus 16mm.
What is Colin doing these days, is he still into cine, or has he gone 100% digital?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 11:19 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know that Paul and seeing as i am now the very proud owner of his best Super 8mm projector out of the two from within his Cinema, I would be fascinated to watch/ own the armchair odeon number 4 video!

I don't personally know Colin but I have it from an extremely reliable source when purchasing Colin's old PJ that he is indeed totally digital nowadays.

His latest digital projector apparently cost £19K!! So obviously a man who takes his home cinema very seriously indeed!!!

Hats off to him, I am just so proud to now have his cast off's, which I have to say, after a few teething problems now performs impeccably!! [Wink]

[ August 10, 2014, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 12:57 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I gave you some mis-information. Volume 4 was referring to Keith's original VHS tapes. He has now remastered everything to DVD. What you need to get is the Armchair Odeons Reel One Two -Disc Special Edition DVD. Colins cinema is included on the first disc, and mine is on the second disc! [Smile]
The Armchair Odeons are the best videos ever produced about the home cinema. When you watch these, whatever enthusiasm you have about film projection will be increased 10 fold. You are in for a real treat.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 01:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul,
I very much look forward to seeing your cinema in moving footage Paul and indeed Colin's!

I have seen photographs of yours Paul and it is truly fantastic!!

A dedicated cinema room is something I can only dream of unfortunately, however i just love seeing them from the fortunate few who both have the room and resources to accomodate them, and thinking to myself ... if only! ha ha

10 fold on top of what I have already Paul would send me into orbit I fear! l.o.l.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 05:43 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, Which model of the Beaulieu is that? Is it the Studio model?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 11, 2014 03:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It is just an original Stereo model Alan with 2/3 adjustable shutter, adjustable lamp holder, twin analogue V.U. meters, analogue counter and built in scope bracket and shoe.

I don't think the Studio model was released until 93, where these photographs were taken in 91 or 92 from Colin's cinema.

Apart from a digital l.e.d. counter and digital V.U. meters and a cosmetic change of the slider knobs, I think there is no real difference in the Original v Studio model from what I have read, apart from obviously being newer.

[ August 11, 2014, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC