8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 938 /wind up arm spareparts ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 938 /wind up arm spareparts ?
Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2015 07:42 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear 8 mm friends !
I have this fine Eumig 938 with a broken wind up tap and clips.

Is it possible to get a new one and does it come as a hole part.( Complete arm).

It seems to me that the "tap " is "pressed down " on a white sort of plastic wheel. Maybe it would be possible to get just the tap with the clips .......

Does anyone have an d idea where to get these parts ? I would be pleased to hear.

Greetings from Niels.

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 07, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What part of the machine is a "tap" as you call it?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2015 06:09 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew.
The tap as I call it, is the one that holds the reel.

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 07, 2015 06:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Niels, now I understand thanks. That is going to be quite a difficult spare to find I would imagine as there are not too many of these machines that end up as scrap from what I see. Also those type of spindle hubs c/w locking tabs deployed on your machine are unique to only the S938 and S940 models.

With that in mind, if I were you, in the location that you are in, I would be tempted to contact Edwin Van Eck to see if he would use his 3D printer to manufacture some replicas for you and others in the future.

There is a chance he may already have one or two anyhow as he seems to handle lots of super 8 projectors in various states of condition so perhaps he has scrapped one of these in the none too distant past.

--------------------

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2015 06:34 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew.
Thank you for your fast reply !

Good idea...I`ll contact van eck first thing in the morning.

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 07, 2015 06:43 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case you did not know Niels, Edwin has recently moved to different premises, therefore you may well wish to check his website for his latest phone number and address before you try to get in touch with him if it has been a while since you last looked.

--------------------

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 05:49 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im aware that van eck has moved and im looking forward to hear from him.
Thank you very much for your help Andrew !

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would we do without you buddy your a great help for us collecters

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 08, 2015 04:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kevin if that comment was aimed my way, but the way I see it matey, is we all have to help each other out on here whenever possible in our hour of need, given we are only a relatively small community.

Loads of people on here and outside of the forum have been exceptional towards me regarding their help, advice and generosity on all things Cine.
So I as I see it.. it's the least I can do.

Ah, that reminds me, must have a look at the Agfa in the next two days.. another job I have promised a member!
Be back to you soon Tom...Ha ha.

[ January 08, 2015, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC