8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer 520 Duoplay ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer 520 Duoplay ?
Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2015 06:05 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.
Can anyone tell me about the 2 black switches and their function?
(Placed in front beside the lens)

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

|  IP: Logged

Heinrich Kronschlaeger
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2015 09:57 AM      Profile for Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Email Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Niels,
These switches are useful for sound-programming
Start programming:
You want to find the point where the sound should start running. If you press the LEFT switch you will very quickly find the passage where the sound should begin.The machine runs at a very slow speed.To find the exact point use the round knob ( beside that ) by hand. The other switch produces a bit of more light even when the projector stops.
Kind regards
Henry

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2015 10:02 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Heinrich.
Thank you.........im about to change the motordrive belt on my Bauer 520 ...if Im able to ?
Do you know how to change the drive belt ?

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Heinrich Kronschlaeger
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2015 10:36 AM      Profile for Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Email Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Changing the motorbelt:
A very useful guide can be found under
http://www.telecine.de/Handbuch/Riemenwechsel.pdf
Please translate !
Some advices: If you remove the fan, mark the distance from the motor at the motor shaft with CD-writer ( so that the belt is not wrong at the axis later). The belt can be easier pulled at the wheel behind it (it is the main shaft):
Put the pulley ( the disc for the belt ) forward or back ( There is a screw ). Important: Mark the position of the pulley on the axis with the CD-writer. This avoid an adjustment afterward.
I changed the belt at a T60 ( similar ).
Have fun with this work and good luck !

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 25, 2015 11:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an English written document written by myself, including photographs done using Microsoft Word, that outlines all the procedures and watch outs to avoid mistakes on the 5 and 6 series machines.

It covers the procedure right through to removing the shutter shaft for change out of the nylon Cam Lobe or Shutter blades in the case of refitting a 2 bladed shutter.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2015 11:08 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much Heinrich for your great help.
What a great site this is !
My drivebelt arrives from van-eck thursday or friday.

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 09:23 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Heinrich and Andrew.
Job done and the projector sounds and works like a dream.
A defect frame counter and internal speaker seems to be the only trouble.
At a totally cost of 33 euros i think these is a ok purchase!

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 27, 2015 09:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Very pleased to hear that Niels, Well done!

Do you still need the instructions sending for the service work on the belt replacement / removal of the shutter shaft, once I have reduced the document in data size?

--------------------

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 06:02 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Andrew......Im still interested in your fine document !

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 27, 2015 06:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I don't know about that Niels ha ha... but I shall post it on here all the same so everyone may get the benefit in case they feel they might ever need it.

I am 75% of the way through converting it to be able to post so it will be ready to go tomorrow at some stage.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC