8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fumeo 9120 help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fumeo 9120 help!
Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2015 04:38 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, during the projection of a movie for about 15 mins, the sound disappeared suddenly...
I was viewing a magnetic film, and I discovered that the fuse of the amolifier was burnt.
I replaced it once, and immediately it burned again... I tried a second time with a new fuse. Again burnt!
Any idea of what could be the cause of this fault?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2015 05:05 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
power amplifier output transistor short to ground, which takes out the fuse. I have the 9119 fumeo, it maybe the same transistor, try to get the number off it, will need to go into the back on the main circuit board.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2015 05:42 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul, but can you help me to locate it? Do I need to remove the board out of the projector ? I checked and the fumeo schematics for the 9119 and 9120 is the same (apart from the further little board for the recording capability of 9120).

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 06:46 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Flavio, I will have a look tonight and get a photo to show you. I may need your email to get it to you. Its a fairly easy change out, just need to be careful of the component itself as they are static sensitive, you could zap them with your fingers and static charge built up in your body.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 07:28 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul thanks!
meanwhile i will show you my board...

Here below a photo of the lower part of the projector, where I evidenced three screws that block the transistors, I imagine to disperse heat.

-

and now a photo of the three transistors which I suppose you are referring to

-

- the RED circle is around a TIP34A

- the YELLOW circles are around two TIP33A

Should I replace all of them?

Flavio

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 10:49 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI flavio, hold fire on removing any till I've had a look at my machine, the t33 t34 seem familiar, the 3rd transistor could be a voltage regulator, let me check first. Do you know how to check them, when there off the board Flavio ?, you will need a a multi meter to do this.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 02:11 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok Paul, i wait to read from you...
Meanwhile I'm looking for info on internet on how to test a transistor.
If there is a link someone can suggest, i'd really apreciate it!

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 03:03 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try some of the links on this Google search......
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=test+transistors+using+ohmeter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=QiD2VLuZJIjxaKHngtAM#nfpr=1&q=test+transistors+using+ohmmeter&spell=1

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 03:08 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio, I will pm you on how to test the transistor, I now have some pictures, but I've had trouble before uploading to this site. The layout looks the same, with the components in the same place. I'm not sure what the third transistor is, although it maybe for the optical part, I have the circuit diagram, but not to hand. Just how confident are you, in that you can get the board out, and remove these to check, and good are you with a multi meter ?, you will need one that has a diode checking facility.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 03, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, mail me the pic if u like and I will upload it here if ur having problems mate.

Great advice here Btw! [Razz]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 03:13 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, thanks mate, i'll get them resized first.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 03, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is Paul's photograph for Flavio:

-

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 04:09 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, thank you mate, I must master this for future use.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 03, 2015 04:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give you a crash course tomorrow Paul when home from Calcutta again! ha ha

I will mail you about 8pm.

Its not too bad once you get everything resized using "paint".

My name and number also was typed in wrongly in "Auto" mode to begin with. Once I had realized this, it became straightforward to the forums instructions after I changed them both.

Name and number are case sensitive and all spacings have to be
100% correct.

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 05:48 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew thanks again, not sure why your going to Calcutta though, did I miss something here, LOL.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 03, 2015 11:46 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ref earlier post to Steve regarding fitting a 13A plug in the UK lol.

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2015 01:38 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to all of you, guys!
Now I will start my adventure on removing the board...
[Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC