8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Informative Article

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Informative Article
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 17, 2015 06:47 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a really informative article for anyone who happens to be interested in these:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://fiston.production.free.fr/super8/projo708/projo708.htm&prev=search

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 17, 2015 07:30 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good report Andrew, Another one of those projectors I always wanted but was a little too expensive for me.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 17, 2015 07:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Beaulieu 708 EL Stereo "Capstan Drive" certainly gets a thorough going over in this report with some fist class photos. It should be printed off for every owner's collection.

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Shenette
Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2015 11:25 AM      Profile for Bill Shenette   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shenette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed Maurice [Smile]

--------------------
Live life to the fullest each and every day. You never know when you will be called home to Glory.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 17, 2015 05:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have another rarer report of this machine which was originally written in Dutch for a magazine some years ago.

It is rare report that cannot be accessed by internet searching and therefore represents a really good find nowadays.

It was very kindly sent to me by Nick recently after his post on this forum and through his outstanding generousity, he even translated this report into English for me.

As a result, I will put this in depth report also out on the forum soon just as soon as I get the chance to convert it from a pdf to a postable format on here.

It is also, a very good read from an experts perspective.

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2015 05:31 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew, would like to see that mate, if you get a chance pm me that write up. I had seen the previous article you mention here, and it is a good read on this projector, good heads man.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 17, 2015 05:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I will send it you in person Paul by mail. For the rest of our interested members it will go out on here very soon, just as quickly as I have chance to convert on my home pc.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 18, 2015 09:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just sent you two reports Paul, the one you requested from me converted into English and the "Studio 93" model report as a bonus.

I will try to post the rarer Dutch report on here sometime today but it is proving somewhat difficult to convert properly using the tools I have available to me.

--------------------

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2015 09:29 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top quality article Andrew, great work and thanks for posting that link!

--------------------
Ron

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 18, 2015 09:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Only glad you enjoyed it Ron! It does make me giggle though when I read the translated version with some of the authors analogies [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Very detailed and informative piece though!

Incidentally, these models should rewind much better than the author describes. It appears to me that the friction washers must have been very well worn on this particular machine.

And once again, use decent reels eg Beaulieu, Posso,Bonum, Gepe or Elmo and the problem mentioned with the spindles will never surface!
If you have one of these machines, please take note of the above statement as the price for the original hubs (and the best it has to be said) from Wittners, that include the two Ball Bearings, has now rocketed since last year.

Obviously "Studio" models are exempt from this issue.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC