8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 500 framing problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 500 framing problem
Randy Wheeler
Junior

- posted April 07, 2015 11:47 AM      Profile for Randy Wheeler   Email Randy Wheeler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sankyo 500 Super 8 sound projector that has a framing problem that I don't know how to correct. Over time the bottom of the frame has moved up to the point that I have maxed out the framing adjustment and now shows the top of the image at the bottom also.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 07, 2015 12:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You will need to adjust the claw,more than likely, to centralize it within the frame. There will be a means of adjusting it close to the pivot point somewhere if you take it apart.

I don't know this particular model but they all work by the same basic principles. In and out and up and down 24 or 18 times in every second.

There could well be wear to the mechanism which may well be the reason as to why it needs adjusting.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Zach Watts
Junior

- posted April 29, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Zach Watts   Email Zach Watts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, What could you perhaps point me in the direction of the best way to adjust and align the claw? I've got a similar problem as described above and have been told that my claw needs to be aligned but can not find a service manual for my unit that describes how it's done. I've got a Elmo K-100

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 29, 2015 04:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Zach, I have never seen your model let alone work on one. What I will say is, as said before, they really do all work on the same principles so you are probably best just dismantling the projector using common sense down to the point where you can see and access the cam and claw including the springs and adjustment points and then have a go at perfecting or repairing the mechanism from there.

You want the pin or pins on the claw to protrude through the sprocket holes by around 1 or 2mm in the pull down stroke, then be clear of the films sprocket holes by around .5mm in the upward stroke
You are also looking to see the pins locates the films sprocket holes dead in the middle of the tiny squares as it grabs and pulls down the film by one frame in each cycle of the shutter shaft.

You may need to lubricate the cam and lightly oil the springs with machine oil.

Best of luck and without a service manual to hand, try and speak with another user of these machines to see if they can advise you more specifically than I can given that I do not know the machine.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC