8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Coming to CineSea? Pick the Friday Night Feature! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Coming to CineSea? Pick the Friday Night Feature!
Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2015 07:14 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just checked the print of Gone With the Wind. It is definitely on 600 foot reels instead of 400 foot reels. Does this take it out of the running for either night?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 17, 2015 07:22 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think 400 feet is a rule of thumb.

Let's get our thumbs to Wildwood and figure it out when we get there!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 17, 2015 09:18 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At 238 minutes, I think GWTW is too long to run in its entirety.
I'm sure we can squeeze a reel of it in on either Friday or Saturday night.

I've emailed the survey link to those I know who are coming. If you haven't received the link please send me an email. Thanks!

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 06:51 AM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug-
I also think the entire film is a bit much to run. Plus so many have seen it already. I think the main interest would be from a collector's perspective. How does this Derann print look? Is it something other Super 8 collectors would want to add to their own collections? And to see a reel of it run through Gary's new sound system and your excellent Xenon projector will be a great experience. One reel will be enough to see what the print is like. I want to talk to you more about collecting and finding prints of some titles that are hard to come by in 16mm. Looking forward to being with you next week.

I did vote on the survey. So my vote is cast. They are all great titles, and everyone will be a great way to spend Friday night together. What time are we planning to gather Friday? I may have to take the last ferry over, which doesn't leave Lewes until roughly 6:30 I think.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 18, 2015 07:39 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if it's lawful to campaign here, but please vote for anything else than "Yellow Rose of Texas!"

-better prints have been lifted at crime scenes!

(It's OK...it's my film!)

--------------------

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 08:32 AM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just booked the ferry- 6:00 departure. There was no way I could make the ferry for 4:30 departure. They want you there an hour before, and I don't get out of school until 3. This way I won't be rushed... but I definitely want to see the feature. I should be there a bit before 8 I think.

Jack

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 18, 2015 09:26 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, 8 PM would be an ideal time to start!

Doug

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 18, 2015 12:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uncle Bill's Pancake House -

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 02:01 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll eat some pancakes!!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 18, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee!

-definitely Coffee!

This would be the Uncle Bill's in Cape May: the one in Wildwood is still closed for the season.

-S'okay: I've been there. It's nice!

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 05:25 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy going to the Crusader on Saturdays because we can walk right over there. Just a suggestion, but on Sunday we can go to Samuels Pancake House. You would have to drive there, but Samuel's and Uncle Bills are the two most popular and in my opinion the best places to go in Wildwood for breakfast. Also they open that weekend as well.

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 18, 2015 06:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy breakfast at the Crusader too: the walk up the beach as much as the breakfast itself.

I think they won't be open next weekend based on what I saw on the hotel website, but I'll call up on Monday just to be sure.

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 07:04 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I can't be there, I am going to screen my super 8 copy of "Yellow Rose of Texas" on Friday night; the exact same night as the feature y'all are watching. Steve, it has been a few years but I don't remember my copy being unusually soft. I wonder if there was more than one distributer.

Thumbs up to Uncle Bill's Pancakes. Tell Sandy at the counter I said hey. I envy you fellows and I hope to see you next April.

Cheers Amigos!

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 07:55 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy- Cinevent right? Looking forward to seeing you then!

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2015 09:21 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, I will be at the show in Columbus. I have already made my reservation at the hotel downtown. Look forward to this. This will be my first time.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 21, 2015 10:30 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a three way tie for the Friday Night Feature.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Super 8mm, color, scope)
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Super 8mm, color, flat)
Abbott & Costello in Keep 'Em Flying (16mmm, b&w, flat)

A new online survey with these three titles starts tonight.

Doug

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 22, 2015 09:38 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sinbad...(Vote for me, I'm fun)

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2015 09:54 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Shorty registered to vote?

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Gary Sloan
Junior

- posted April 22, 2015 12:32 PM      Profile for Gary Sloan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what is the Verdict? What film is going to shown? I need to know so i know what to bring along. Cant wait!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Gary Sloan

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2015 06:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,

The film will be announced tomorrow morning!

Doug

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 22, 2015 08:04 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are a house divided here: parents chose one film, kid chose another...

(Do we still have to pay for college?)

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 23, 2015 11:36 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CineSea's first ever Friday Night Feature will be......

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad

Keep 'Em Flying was a very close second.

At 88 minutes, it looks like we'll have time to run that first reel of GWTW!

Doug

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 23, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The People have spoken!

(Guess we'll send the kid to college after all!)

--------------------

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2015 06:55 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great choice! I have already packed GWTW, and it will be taking the 6:00 ferry tomorrow to a great weekend of film!

See you guys tomorrow night!

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2015 04:49 AM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little mix-up on my part friends. I have scheduled my ferry ticket in reverse... I'm scrambling to try and get it corrected, but I need to wait till I get to school this morning to see if anyone could watch my students for the last 20 minutes of class. Otherwise, my ferry won't be leaving until 6:15... It will be a tight 8:00 arrival for me. Might be a few minutes later. If I can get someone to cover class, I can take a 4:15 ferry. In limbo until I get to school. Car is packed, and so am I!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC