8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What is the ONE print you would pay serious money for? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What is the ONE print you would pay serious money for?
Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2016 07:34 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would pay a lot of money for a full length print of Jaws scope super 8 or 16mm.
My fave film of all time, I have the 200ft cut down and the 2 X 400ft cut down but they have colour fade.

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2016 07:49 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I could spent a thousand euros once (every few years!),but not for one film.For at least four!! .As I do have most of the biggies I wanted,(Gone with the Wind,2001 a Space Odyssey,The Sound of Music,most of the Disney era Disney features,most of the MGM musicals,Robin Hood,El Cid,Romancing the Stone,Those Magnificent Men....etc etc) I am not particularly dying for much more. I would like to add Jurassic Park and The Abyss but only under 250 each!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 27, 2016 09:57 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8mmm complete feature James Bond 007 in Goldfinger!

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2016 12:47 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me it would be a scope good colour print of How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, just in case anyone had a print they are willing to part with!

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2016 10:23 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 sound prints of "Scrooge" (1970), "A Christmas Carol" (George C. Scott) and "The Bishop's Wife" (1947).

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 27, 2016 11:57 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Superman" Scope full feature. Its a rumor that its available..and also "Enter the Dragon" Scope Feature that Umit in the UK has.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 28, 2016 12:02 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Won't he sell it Alan?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 28, 2016 11:27 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was quoted as saying: "My most prized possession is a Super 8 copy of Enter The Dragon. There are only twenty in the whole world, and I have one of them right here. It’s worth about three grand, probably more."
I am assuming that its the Scope version of this film and feature length but then again.. Maybe i'm wrong and thats not the one he has? Every picture I have seen of Umit holding up "Enter the Dragon" is the 4 x 400fter. Hmm...But at any rate $3000 grand for a Super 8 print? No for that I would get the 16mm Scope LPP version. I saw last year a 35mm Print restored with the extra scenes with the priest walking sold on EBay for $3000. Beautiful print.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 28, 2016 11:38 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty ...

I thought you already had that 400ft "Battle"? That is a hard find, and it's fairly expensive when it does come up on ebay!

Need anyone ask? A good color print of "Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" !!!

... and it's out there, I just KNOW it is!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Daniel Macarone
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2016 03:47 PM      Profile for Daniel Macarone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pasquale,
I remembered your post here when I saw this ad. That one print you might be interested in. Goldfinger on ebay. Some features are not easy to find in a search on ebay because the seller neglects to put obvious words in the title, like "Feature" and "Film".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDFINGER-SUPER-8-4x600-llp-col-snd-James-Bond-007-Derann-V-RARE-Free-Postage-/262408543993?hash=item3d18c49ef9:g:mDUAAOSwM0FXIP4l

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 28, 2016 04:30 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Die hard? Silence of the Lambs, Platoon or predator. all within reason though. [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC