8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » super8 Telecine Transfer projector [focuskye]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: super8 Telecine Transfer projector [focuskye]
Amund Hovde
Junior

- posted July 11, 2015 12:45 PM      Profile for Amund Hovde   Email Amund Hovde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone!
I have tried to transfer some super8 reels to digitaly files with my DSLR camera and some homemade led light but with not suberb results. Yesterday i got enough and went shopping spree on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141004647162
I bought this elmo real time transfer projector for $1595 + $399
for shipping to norway.
Has anyone here tried "focuskye" products?. He seems to be quite popular even he denied my request of sending me videoclip, to show the quality of the transfeer. Ive been watching Workprinter XP, reflecta frame by frame scanner but i hope i did a good deal with this machine.
[Wink]

--------------------
Amund

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 12, 2015 08:48 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not meant to kill the joy....

You bought this "expensive" machine...although the seller did not want to send the clip? why?

IMHO This is not scanning as Workprinter XP does.

Several weeks ago, someone was offering here a low millage Workprinter XP for much less than the above price. Just let me know the result when you have received the machine.

--------------------
Winbert

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2015 07:50 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those would be good questions to ask before you made the purchase. I would be wary of someone that would not want to send a video clip. It will likely work ok for you but is not at all like a Workprinter.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 14, 2015 04:25 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I meant a Workprinter was offered for $450 in April this year:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002632

You should get this for a perfect result.

--------------------
Winbert

Amund Hovde
Junior

- posted July 29, 2015 05:56 AM      Profile for Amund Hovde   Email Amund Hovde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again ! Yesterday i recived my telecine. I have to say i am really impressed. This guy had packed this elmo so good that i think it would survived a new world war.
With my first testings I used full hd PRO-CMOS camera, (im not sure if that is better thatn 3CCD or 3CMOS. But the main issue is that this camera has no manual focus lol. So i belive the result will be even better with my new camera and some more testing and tweeking.
Be sure to watch this movie with HD function.
https://www.facebook.com/amund.hovde/videos/vb.602975010/10153489982660011/?type=2&theater¬if_t=like

--------------------
Amund

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 29, 2015 08:12 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amund...from your result I sn still see flickers something you will not find through scanning method.

Moreover I am afaid that you are playing 18fps film on 24fps projector speed. The movement is not natural. Should you set the projector back to the original film speed, the flickers will be more apparent.

I am just being honest here and I can find in this forum someone making a good transfer with scanning method. However if you are satisfied with your current machine stick with it.

--------------------
Winbert

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2015 09:25 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Priceless memories,in a time gone by that can never be relived, shadows that flicker on a screen of people that will live forever, treasure them always in your heart and on film...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 29, 2015 12:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to see the best transfer (through scanning method) that I have ever seen in this forum is discussed here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008651;p=2

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC