8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » General Maintinance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: General Maintinance
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2015 03:56 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy Friends-

Are there any videos posted (anywhere) on general projector maintenance? Lube, belts, adjusting speed, ETC ... Nothing to high tech, just the basics.

Thank You.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 02, 2015 05:43 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
for which machines Timothy??

procedures and lube specs are very different from one machine to another, just in the same way as cars, washing machines etc etc.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2015 08:40 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I guess that's pretty vague! [Smile]

I've had good luck with most projectors I've worked on. However the Bell & Howell Cast Iron 300-400Series (I think that's how you'd refer to them) is what I'm currently looking for.

There's a great video on You Tube demonstrating how to change the belt, but I'd also like to know what kind of lube to use and other than obvious places, where it goes.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC