8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Choose the CineSea 12 Friday Night Feature! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Choose the CineSea 12 Friday Night Feature!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 30, 2015 11:39 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

The CineSea 6 Video should give you an idea what the setup looks like. Thanks for all those feature suggestions, however could you please pick two out of all those titles? I will then send out a link for the online survey. If anyone who hasn't posted yet has a title they would like to submit please do so today!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2015 12:40 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh twisting my arm Doug!! [Wink]

Ok, I'll throw Beetlejuice in first because it's family friendly (save for an F word which I can bleep out if needed), plus it's got the whole "monsters" theme as well as being a comedy. Plus, it's only 92 minutes, so it's not overly long.

Second would be a toss up between the 1956 and 1978 Body Snatchers. Both are great, but I think the '78 does a better job of building suspense. However, Joe Caruso leaned to the '56 version and he's a regular attendee, so I have to respect that [Wink]

And if we're looking at time, the '56 runs 80 minutes whereas the '78 runs 115 minutes.

I'll leave it to you (Doug or anyone else) which of the Body Snatchers to put in the poll (unless you don't mind 3 choices total). It's a matter of what may be a better 'fit' for the Cinesea crowd. [Smile] But definitely throw Beetlejuice in the ring regardless.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 30, 2015 05:58 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary's bringing that Sunset Carson, under an hour, why not have a western interlude?

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2015 10:53 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want a film that does not take up too much time,how about The Brain Eaters(1958)? It comes in at about an hour and is entertainingly cheesy. Anyone can offer to bring a quality film to Cinesea. But me? I want to offer you a huge slice of 1950's cheese. lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
Joe

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2015 07:03 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brain Eaters sounds like a lot of fun!

BTW did I miss the link for voting? Didn't see it on the forum, wasn't sure where it would be posted....?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 01, 2015 07:48 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheese is fine!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 01, 2015 07:49 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a smashing line up! [Cool]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 01, 2015 08:02 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

An online survey will be sent shortly by email. Thanks!

--------------------

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2015 08:43 AM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be coming in Friday night around 9pm with my family...wife Pam, and daughters Terry and Tammy...and staying till sunday lunch! Looking forward to seeing everyone!! Todd Tuckey

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 01, 2015 10:37 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be wanting the buffet I suppose...no, I'm sorry, that's "Bwah... - Shorty, on the other end of the stick

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 01, 2015 07:34 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link to pick the Friday night feature has been sent. if you are planning to attend CineSea 12 and haven't received it yet, please email me and let me know.

Whichever film wins, it'll be a fun night!

Doug

--------------------

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2015 09:05 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exciting to have Todd and Tammy in our midst.... and we get to meet the Mrs. and another awesome kid. Looking forward to seeing friends next weekend.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2015 07:01 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We should probably pick the Friday film based on the film the least number of us has seen. Such as the director's cut of Zippy's Beach Adventure.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 02, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or Have badge, Will chase

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 04, 2015 09:47 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The survey will close later today so please get your vote in! The winner (unless a run off is needed) will be announced tomorrow morning.

Doug

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 05, 2015 06:26 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty Caruso's Super 8mm print of Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein will be the Friday night feature!

The majority chose not to have a second short feature, however we could show Sheriff of Cimarron (runner up in that category) after A&C if folks would like to stick around.

Doug

[ October 05, 2015, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 05, 2015 08:10 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The People have spoken!!!

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 08:32 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoyed the video Doug what enthusiasm excellento!

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2015 12:03 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME CHOICE!!!! :-D

Looking forward to a fun night AND a fun weekend!!! [Big Grin]

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2015 07:30 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up for A&C as well as the Western. We're only together twice a year... who needs sleep?

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2015 07:59 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys I think Friday night after the show or maybe Saturday before the main show we should let Gary show his sunset Carson movie Gary shorty alone with myself would love to see it

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 06, 2015 09:02 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, a good western and Gary has trailers, shorts, alot of nice cinema to watch - We'll have time, that's what we're here for - Lou, look forward to what you grought for me too - I can taste Uncle Bill's now...

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 06:17 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are coming down...but probably will not arrive till around 8:30,...depends on traffic....hopefully weather will not be rainy...

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 09:08 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody have an extra screen they could bring along so I can have something to show my films for sale or share on? I'd rather not bring that big one I've brought the last few times... Any help is appreciated!

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2015 08:06 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, if I was coming, I would have brought several screens of which you could have picked one to borrow.

And yes, I said "if I was". Sadly, yesterday afternoon a friend of mine called, one I have known (and his family) for many years. His dad passed away. As it turns out, the viewing/funeral is on Saturday. So, once again, I am missing this wonderful event. [Mad] [Frown] Though the circumstances are understandable, it doesn't make this any easier -- it's frustrating, and at the same time, I'm emotionally hurt due to knowing his father so well over so many years. It just sucks all the way around.

I 'might' try to head down Saturday night but no promises at this point. Ironic thing is, about an hour before he called me, my wife sent me an email asking if I had made reservations with the hotel. I replied back 'we'll do it tonight' (meaning last night). Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Here's hoping for a great turnout, great weather, and lots of fun for you all. And I'll (hopefully, come hell or high water) be there next year.

Actually, I better watch the whole 'high water'....given how much the other end of Wildwood (N. Wildwood) got flooded [Eek!]

Have fun everyone!! [Frown]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC