8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Release News - True Lies & James Bond! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New Release News - True Lies & James Bond!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 11:53 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When a title comes along that I would actually want to invest in, I'm glad that they will be printed on that new Kodak Vision poly film stock, as we (at GIOSI Films) had that one release printed on both Acetate and the Kodak Vision, and the Kodak Vision, in my opinion, was miles ahead of the old acetate stock.

I had bought reels 1 and 2 (in order to make a nice little digest) of ROTS, and while the sharpness was incredible, I was so danged annoyed at the acetate stock being so brittle, (It snapped on me while rewinding, and my rewinder isn't THAT harsh), and that yellowish-ness of the film stock really set me off, as they had to compensate for it, and while the color wasn't terrible, it did cheese me off (well, with how much you have to shell out, even for just two 600ft reels of a feature).

So, YAY! Kodak Vision poly stock!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2016 08:37 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just received word that the first batch of True Lies prints have arrived from the lab and will be sent out shortly.
The price from The Reel Image is $259 and they will be shipped on Tuscan reels complete with case.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 09, 2016 08:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Doug. That gives an idea of the price.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2016 01:11 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am honored to be one of the first collectors to add the new incredible "True Lies" digest to my collection. The editing is flawless, the image sharp, and the color is spot on... I had a slight problem with the "Captain America" release because the prints all had a blue-ish tint especially noticeable in the daylight scenes. That problem is gone with "True Lies" - no doubt because of the film stock used. I can't wait for the final reel comes out to splice it on the end adding up to a 45 minute digest. There are not too many prints being struck so call The Reel Image quick to get one... I know the price is a little steep... but we all should support the effort going in to putting out new Super 8 releases. It's worth it!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do hope for everyone that the quality and framing etc will match to. I know it will be a great long cut down.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 03:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the informations, Brian. It is precious to have comment from people who saw the film.

--------------------
Dominique

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the review. I do look forward to receiving this digest. Let's see a new digest on Super 8; a 70mm feature film released in cinemas; Kodak has announced a new film camera for 2016. Am I dreaming ?

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 11, 2016 10:25 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy, you forgot that Ferrania is progressing in its project and seems to take things seriousely http://www.filmferrania.it/news/2015/the-big-chiller-the-transformer

--------------------
Dominique

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2016 02:01 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right Dominique . Look forward to that as well.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 11, 2016 07:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
With this level of investment, surely things are looking positive for the next 20-30 years of film stock, if indeed all of this plant is just for film product.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2016 06:03 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just put mine on layaway. Anyone have an idea how many they actually made?

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2016 07:25 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is TSWLM still in the works. Any ETA?

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2016 07:33 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrote to CHC about TSWLM the other day and didn't hear back - so I anyone has more info on it please post.

Christian Schatz
Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2016 07:41 PM      Profile for Christian Schatz   Email Christian Schatz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone got news about "The Hobbit" trailer?

--------------------
KINOTON FP30D w/ 1kW Xenon & FP30 w/ 1.6kW Xenon
BAUER SONOLUX II w/ 36V/400W Halogen
CARL ZEISS TK35/52 w/ 36V/400W Halogen
ELMO ST-1200D M&O 24V/250W Mod with Schneider Lens 1.1 / 11-25

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2016 07:10 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received my print and just finished watching it. Brilliant! Sharp image, beautiful color, fantastic editing. This is the must have digest. Highly recommended .

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2016 09:44 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've just received word that the first batch of True Lies prints have arrived from the lab and will be sent out shortly.
The price from The Reel Image is $259 and they will be shipped on Tuscan reels complete with case.

Doug

Hi! Just got mine and love it! I'm just wondering if it actually came with a case as I did not receive one.

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC