8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig parts required (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Eumig parts required
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 24, 2015 02:27 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I am looking for two pairs of the little plastic rear rollers on the 810D and 801. These are the ones where the film comes out the back to feed around the take up reel. As you know each roller is in two halves.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 25, 2015 12:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any idea's chaps n girls? [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 25, 2015 01:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy them from Bolex in Switzerland. It's not cheap ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 25, 2015 02:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dominique [Wink]

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 03:10 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom have you tried phoning John White, he has many Eumig parts.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 06:17 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dominique, that is a new one for me. Bolex:

http://www.bolex.ch/NEW/index.php

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 07:23 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point Barry, i will do that.
Thank you [Wink]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 09:24 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can buy them from Bolex in Switzerland. It's not cheap
These must have cost about 10 cents a piece to make, how come they are expensive?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 26, 2015 10:11 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-supply and demand!

You have a sole source part that seems dedicated to escaping into the wild!

This may be the single most downright evil projector part in all creation! I've popped that little cover off and even with the machine laying on its side somehow they defy gravity and pop off the little rods they are mounted on.

Once they reach the floor they just seem to evaporate!

Making them dark brown was a stroke of genius for camouflage purposes too. I bet if they were red or white you'd have a fighting chance of recovering them.

Of course you really can't blame the poor new Eumig owner that asks the natural question "What's behind this little cover?"

-Pandora's Box!, that's what!

I've had pretty decent luck making copies of these nasty little things. McMaster Carr sells Delrin rod that is about the right size. I put it on a drill bit that is the same diameter the hole should be. I chuck this in my drill press and use small files to shape it, then a modeling saw to cut the finished part off.

It takes about three tries to produce a usable roller, and they are light brown!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 10:22 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be a project for Edwin van Eck?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 26, 2015 11:17 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly:

It would be nice if someone made them as a single roller rather than paired halves. There is no reason one side of the film needs to go faster or slower than the other.

Besides, if you doubled the mass of the thing the extra inertia might make its unrestrained behavior a lot less...skittery!

-and I want it da-glo orange or green! [Wink]

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 02:08 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you got a pattern part Tom, I could make the part for you, I have a small table top model makers lathe, I have just looked on you tube, are they two different sizes ?.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 02:54 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I think they are both the same,

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 03:06 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's happened to them tom, have they just worn out or got flats on them because they have stopped spinning in the film path.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 03:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No i have just purchased on my Brothers behalf a really good Eumig 810DLUX HQS, i noticed that there is only one half of the roller at the rear.
I took the machine apart for a thorough clean up and this appears to be the only thing wrong so i was hoping to get a few pairs as we do have 4 of these machines, an 822 sonomatic, this 810D, an 807 and a 710D and i believe they all use the same rollers on this rear end. (3 sets inside each cover) [Wink]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 03:45 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh right, well if you have a spare set I can have a look at and get some dimensions from and then I will send them back to you. Do you want them split or one piece items, why there split is anyone's guess. Once I've had a look, you can decide then if you want them made from alloy or plastic, have you found out what they will cost from bolex ?.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 26, 2015 03:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing they are split because it was easier to cast them this way: as a double cone they'd have to be done in a two piece mold that would leave a casting line down each side they'd then have to smooth or risk having a ridge scrape the film twice each rotation.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 04:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul that would be great, i can send a pair to you no problem,i'm guessing two halves would be the way to go as these projectors are known to be so kind to film and these items must be a part of the reason. [Wink]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 04:52 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll pm you the address details Tom.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 05:50 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Adsett, you have obviousely never been to Switzerland. Everything is expensive, there ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 06:04 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Paul,and to everyone who has replied. [Wink]

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2018 07:43 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Completed today the rollers for the Eumig mark 6 series.

https://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0159.html?_globalsearch=pp-0159

-

The rollers for the Eumig 824 are also ready: https://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0197.html?_globalsearch=824

Soon also rollers for the other projectors in the Eumig 7 and 8-series.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2018 08:41 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just love how proactive Edwin is!!!
Sees the need, fills the need!!
Beautiful!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2018 05:55 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to it, Edwin! Let me know when 810 rollers are ready!

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2018 09:06 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Yes, these are ready!

-

See: https://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0163.html?_globalsearch=pp-0163

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC