8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Easter Parade- Super 8 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Easter Parade- Super 8
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 12:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, since it's a super 8 optical sound print, it was probably, directly from MGM's own negatives and released from them directly.

Boy, those extra screenshots make me even more envious! Go ahead, keep on rubbing it in!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2015 06:56 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi-
He had a magnetic and an optical sound print. When I discovered I didn't have optical Super 8 sound, he swapped it out for me with the magnetic copy. If you want an optical sound print, I believe he still has it-

Hope this helps a bit.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 07:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Judging from the screen shots, it is from Red Fox (USA)

--------------------
Winbert

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2015 07:37 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What tips you off to this being a Red Fox print Winbert? Curious as to what gives it away?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 01:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack are you saying that the screenshots that you're showing on this series of posts are from the optical sound super 8 print, or the magnetic sound print?

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 03:44 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi....if you read the entire thread you would realize that Jack received a mag print and the seller originally advertised it as optical and had both and Jack received the mag...the pictures are from the mag print.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 05:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am judging from the possibility because Derann is in the UK (Europe) most of the time...not always..used AGFA stock. Well it was European product obviously. AGFA tends to give bluish tone.

Red Fox is the USA and used Kodak stocks, the most preferable stock by film enthusiasts, since it give balanced colors and your print looks to be very balanced.

Cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 06:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a superb print Jack! Look after it buddy. You got yourself an absolute bargain there!! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 12:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't catch that. Hmm, I wonder how the optical sound print looks? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2015 09:06 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He sells film, and he called the optical print excellent color. Thats the original auction. Contact him Osi- Need a link?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC