8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Super 8 camera from Kodak (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: New Super 8 camera from Kodak
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2016 03:57 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it I may have taken the only actual sound Film of Ken Livingstone unveiling the moved Shaftesbury Memorial (Eros) in Piccadilly Circus - all thr news teams were using video camcorders and I didn't see any other cine cameras.

The sound wasn't very good due to clutch squealing on the power zoom even when not in use. Those things start a up at the worst times.....

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 24, 2016 04:16 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What year was this Brian?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2016 07:07 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes Paul, I don't have the wife any longer but I do have the film! Ha ha ha

Andrew....maybe that's why your current wife hates your film collection!

Bill [Smile]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2016 07:42 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't remember the date Andrew, but from the history of the statue it was placed in its new position in 1985. I'm sure it was still GLC days so that seems to be it

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 24, 2016 07:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great piece of historical film you made there Brian! [Smile]

No Bill it's not because of my ex wife being on an old film that she takes no interest in film. She simply doesn't get the whole appeal of the hobby when you can see it on telly for free! [Frown]

We will never be able to explain to "non believers" of the hobby what the whole fascination with having the ACTUAL Film thing is, I suppose.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC