8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What do you reckon guys? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What do you reckon guys?
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2016 05:46 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 grand, he`s off his rocker!

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 05:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There was probably some very strong narcotics taken when this second advertisement was assembled, that's for sure!😀😀😁

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 06:06 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could always offer to help the seller some free advice Andrew and help out. Sounds as though they could do with some help by the sounds of it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 07:51 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it would do any good in this case Lee!

Sometimes it's best to watch from afar and belly laugh. [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 12:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Gee! I'm ready to toss aside my Eumig's ..... NOT!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2016 12:54 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spares machine. £50 quid.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 03:02 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okayyyy! [Big Grin]
As always i cant resist here, this is the question i have asked, i shall let you know if there is a reply. I am of course playing dumb,(easy for me [Big Grin] ) [Wink]
Good evening,
Please could i check that the buy it price 9,999.00 is correct please.
The only reason for my enquiry is simply that through the cine dealers these machines in mint condition are normally around £1000-£1500 with a 3 month guarantee and the bodywork on this one does look quite badly worn.
Kind regards
[Big Grin]
Back with a reply, maybe

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 04, 2016 03:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bet:

"They haven't made any of these in maybe 50 years: It's RARE"

I saw "rare" Super-8 "Steamboat Willie"s while you could still buy them from Derann ten a month if you wanted them too!

(Each one of them belonged to Walt Disney HIMSELF!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2016 04:03 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it's the same one that I posted a couple of days ago and the same seller.
It's currently running at £102. Looks like they have had so much interest that they are chancing their arm thinking they have got a valuable 'antique'.
But come on Andrew - got to be worth it for a spares machine!!!!? [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 04:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Not much more than £102 Terry! Steven is a Beaulieu owner and knows his stuff and he puts it at £50!

Personally, I feel that even if the claw or even one of the motors are healthy, it's worth more than that.. but not tons more that's for certain.

Given half an hour of TLC, even this old tatty relic could quite possibly still be able to blow your Eumig out of the water Osi [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ February 04, 2016, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 04, 2016 06:48 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on chaps, lets be fair to the seller, after all he might be saving up to buy a "Elmo" [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 05, 2016 04:32 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 05, 2016 06:32 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 06:43 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this the other day, but it has gone up 10K since then, It`s a shame I was thinking of buying it at 10K but not now.

Someone is taking the p+++.

--------------------
James Wilson

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 05, 2016 07:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes at a fraction under 20 grand, it's just a little out of reach now unfortunately for most of us James. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Cuckoo!!

--------------------

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 07:41 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you read the fine print, he is pointing this auction to this item number(as terry indicated)-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151969092111?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fww w.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D151969092111%26_rdc%3D1

He also mentions the reason he is running 8mm through a super 8 machine....
...and there are bids on the real auction.....I think he ran out of room in his OG auction and wanted to post additional photos of it working and thought to add another advert at an astronomical price knowing noone would bid. Kinda a clever idea really...

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 05, 2016 08:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he needed to fear not Mathew even at £10K of anyone actually buying the thing, if this is indeed the sellers cunning plan. [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All right, £55 quid then.

--------------------
VistaVision

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 02:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Reality... £220.50 in the end. Ah well better than 20 grand as a B.I.N. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Someone now has there work cut out, especially, if like the previous owner, they wish to use it as dual guage machine! Ha ha.

--------------------

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2016 03:17 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually that is not a bad price for a spares machine. If parts are useable. I paid £350 for a GS1200 spares machine. But with the Beaulieu I got some of those expensive Wittner parts so I don't think I'd be in the market for a second 'spares' Beaulieu machine. Got plenty to keep me going now and so many cine jobs to catch up on...

--------------------
VistaVision

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 03:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right of course Steven. Although one or two decent magnetic heads in this could be well worth that value alone, there are of course no guarantees when buying used.

At least you know by purchasing the Wittners spares, you are making that section of the machine brand spanking new again!

It comes at a cost, but for one of these, I feel it is well well worth it, with the exception of the Spindle Hubs now at the price they have recently shot up to. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC