8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 13 April 30th! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: CineSea 13 April 30th!
Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2016 11:25 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just booked my room!

I can't wait!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 08, 2016 01:34 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, Michael: welcome!

I have some "pre-flight instructions" to make your stay more pleasant.

-The rooms are comfortable and clean, and almost all of them have kitchens. Snacks, drinks and food you like may come in handy. However we are not meeting on the surface of Mars: there are supermarkets in Wildwood!

-The convention space is unheated. Bring clothing as if you are going out a few days on a boat: be prepared for anything! (OK,...no life vest!) We've done shorts and t-shirts, we've done winter coats and gloves too!

-If you have a Super-8 or 16mm film 20 minutes or less you would like to share with the Saturday night show, please feel free to bring it along. Please don't mind if there are a lot and you don't make it on screen! (It's not a contest!)

-We go out to eat several times. You can join in if you'd like, but you don't have to (either or always). They are about the only chance you will ever get to debate Eiki vs. Elmo, or Castle vs. Blackhawk publicly!

-the hotel has WiFi, and this Forum often reports live during proceedings.

-the south end of the Wildwood Boardwalk is about two blocks away and the beach is right across the street from the hotel. Everything from the sublime to the downright tacky is right there for your enjoyment!

This is very informal and unstructured. Once you find your room, follow the sounds of the projectors downstairs and introduce yourself!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 08, 2016 04:42 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or you can hear me shouting along the way, "Blackhawk Lives!" - Well, not as loud as the T-Shirt I wear bearing its logo - Suggest also, as I do, check the weather about ten days before (long-range), as April is apt to be either warm or cool depending - Our usual sojourn is to The Crusader (walking distance) and/or (partial to) Uncle Bill and other nice places in and about town - Our dinners are splendid outtings, as of late Rio or Boathouse - We have alot of fun, carry on and under about the latest (and past) - By all means, bring films and be ready to debate why film over digital or vice-versa - Claus, our intrepid photographer par excellence, will document our maneuverings and forever 'frame us' for memories to come - And, if you have any 8mm...well, I certainly wouldn't mind - Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 15, 2016 01:50 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Weeks!

-I woke up this morning thinking it was next week, and by my first cup of coffee I realized that was just wishful thinking!

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 25, 2016 03:49 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are now in weather forecast range.

All three days 50s/60s and partly cloudy.

-do believe I'll find my Fantasia sweatshirt tonight!

(-swimsuit?...not so much!)

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 25, 2016 04:09 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps someone should offer up "Partly Cloudy" as an appropriate 10 minute short then! [Big Grin] [Wink]

A nice fairly recent Pixar release by CHC in film terms.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2016 06:35 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m going to try and make it to the convention this weekend but I`m not sure if I will.

If I am able to make it, I wanted to see if anyone was looking for 8mm related equipment from Japan or films. I have a wide assortment of anamorphic lenses, various projector lenses, spare GS-1200s, and many 8mm digests/anime/and films that were only released in Japan.

Please send me a message within the next 24 hours letting me know what you are looking for and if I have it I will bring it.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 26, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naturally, some Universal-Eight Horror/Monster/Comedy-related - Anything with Edgar Kennedy, Leon Errol and Clark & McCullough - Was there an 8mm anime of Ako; Plot of the daitokuji Finacial Group?

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2016 09:44 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to meeting everyone in person tomorrow night!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 28, 2016 10:12 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure thing, Mike - Bring film shorts, we'll talk - Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 28, 2016 10:47 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forecast: 40s and 50s

Long pants and film sweatshirt much better! [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC