8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T610 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bauer T610
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 11:45 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he is very good I've heard Maurice. His goods are usually faultless I believe.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 11:59 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so were Van Eks,he he, Andy, i have never recorded in my life other than my own home movies years ago, (too time consuming) then we used the excellent Eumig 940,
Have to say those T610s on the website are are a good price, much lower than i paid, (then got back [Big Grin] [Wink] ), as long they survive the journey, mine didn't, twice and it could not have been packed any better.
By the way, i'm not disrespecting these machines, only telling my own horror story and what i found compared to machines ive used for over 35 years, as ive said, if i could find one for a good price within the UK i would buy again, i think they are just too much plastic & very fragile. They look superb, they perform so quietly and if you are for recording these and GS 1200s have to be the best along with the Eumig 940.
Don't take the banter the wrong way you folks. I just felt very let down by it all, it was a huge anti-climax. Films i watched for years suddenly had to have the volumes up so far what i got was hum or hiss along with the movie, track two was piss poor and the plastic switches were so feeble they broke in transit. Twice. We watch all our movies via stereo amps so it wasn't us using the built in speakers. To top it all off we also had a faulty 1.2 lens which showed up on screen as a light red patch in the centre of the image, when it came back from the repair it had the same faulty lens. Just ensure what you buy is working 100%, and test it with a stereo film. I left it until two months in, if i hadn't have put a stereo film through i would have missed the warranty.
Bitter old me
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]
BTW, i do my own servicing and send to Mr Parsons if electrical faults develop, and whilst they are with him i then ask for the machine to have a full service. Whilst its in the hands of an expert i'd be daft not to. [Wink]

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2016 01:03 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Bauer 500 series as main machine,and love it. very similar to the 600 range but cheaper. the only real issue I have is the level of hum on playback,which is quite high.
I don't record,or use stereo,so my 502 with the f1.1 lens really is all I need. I don't even mind the 800 ft capacity,since this size reel is cheap and easy to store.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 13, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The 525 and 610 are accepted as being a little better for the hum issue than earlier models like the T600.

The transformer was sited differently I believe on the later models which apparently does help reduce the hum.

Dave try one of the ground loop isolators if you use yours with a separate amplifier. It will really help here.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC