8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 822 question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 822 question
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 15, 2016 12:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have something very odd here, the projector is in excellent condition and works fine, however,
The main small on/off lever on the back of the machine is jammed on,(better than jammed off i guess), therefore when you plug into the mains, the projector goes into fan on & bulb glow on, i have taken off all the switches and the cover to get into the mechanical side but i am blowed if i can see why i cannot turn this switch to off, i am fully aware you cant switch it off unless the main rotary switch is in the off position but this one simply is jammed on.
Secondly, there is sometimes during play a ding/ding sound as if something metallic is hitting something on the way around, its a constant sound that does not speed up or slow down and is only during play/rewind. It doesn't do it all the time. I went to have another look tonight and the darned thing wouldn't do it.

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2016 05:17 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I can't help as I am used to a 710D which didn't have an on/off switch and always acted as yours does, so to me it wouldn't be a problem.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2016 06:55 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't guarantee that this is the solution but I had the same problem with a 824 and I cured it with a bit of lubrication (wd40 and light oil). The problem was simply corrosion that had built up over the years of non use. Don't expect an immediate cure. Use a little patience and gentle persuasion.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2016 08:49 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check for an anti corrision spray from electrical component suppliers. I've had good luck with what I think is called De-Tox-It.
While your projector is running, pick it up and tilt it a bit, front to back and side to side and listen for the pinging.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 16, 2016 02:55 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an 824 which also had its switch stuck at "ON" when I bought it.
Referring to my projector notes I see the following was done to rectify the trouble.
1) Front cover assembly dismantled
2) On/Off switch dismantled
3) Switch lever cleaned and adjusted
4) Switch slider re-greased
Regarding item 4, this is, as mentioned by Tom, because the on/off switch is linked to the main control knob.

--------------------
Maurice

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 02:05 PM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on-off switch is often defective, as user turn rotary knob with force. There goes a mechanical linkage from on-off switch into a cut out of rotary knob. Rotary knob is blocked until on-off switch is in on position.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC