8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 700 projector, sound slightly sped up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 700 projector, sound slightly sped up?
Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted July 28, 2016 01:03 AM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks! Hoping someone might have some ideas for me....recently got a Sankyo 700 sound projector off of an Ebay seller which I got fairly cheaply, and sold as is, although the seller thought it was working, but had no film to test...anyway it is working, but tonight is when I really started to play around with it, after having amassed a few digest type films. Anyway long story short it seems to run the films a tad fast as the sound is slightly sped up on all the sound films I tried. I'm wondering if the heads might be a bit dirty? Hoping it's something relatively simple, but I'm going to try to do some research and see what I can do, but being pretty new to the home movie hobby, I'm hoping someone here might have some ideas.

Thanks all!

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2016 01:20 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news Garth.
These projectors have small "pots" that can speed up or slow down the speed in the back of the projector.
I did it on a different projector years ago and can't remember the details .... someone here will know :-)

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted July 28, 2016 01:25 AM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, was able to search these very forums...seems to be a fairly common problem...in the morning I'll look for the 2 "pots" that I saw some references to! (Assuming these will be obvious? havnt found a pic yet, but I'll take a look in the projector and go from there)...oh just saw your response, thanks Clinton! I think it was actually one of your posts on this very topic that I had run across!

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2016 01:33 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Garth.
They only need a slight turn.
I adjusted them until I felt it sounded fine.
And there are 2 pots , one for 18fps and one for 24fps.
Good luck and with practice we can do lots of little adjustments :-)

This thread has a picture,different model but probably the same place?
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005400

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted July 28, 2016 07:52 AM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok perfect! Thank you for the picture Clinton! Just have to pick up some smaller tools to work with, and then I will get to it after work:)

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2016 08:08 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure the tools are non metal use a wooden skewer if possible.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted July 28, 2016 08:24 AM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thanks Jim! Duly noted!

Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted July 28, 2016 02:45 PM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thanks Jim! Duly noted!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC