8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Missing Kodak Splicer Punch?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missing Kodak Splicer Punch?
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted August 25, 2016 11:09 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know that punch that is almost always missing when you buy a used Kodak Presstape Splicer? Well here is a simple solution to replace it that I just made. Start with and artist's brush, cut the length off that you need, drill a small hole in the end just deep enough for the depth of the pins. Done. The artists brush has a similar taper to the original punch. You just end up with a shorter handle on the brush, but a least now you have a punch when you splice you films! I mean, let's be honest, which is most important. Check the pics below.

-

-

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands!

PatD

|  IP: Logged

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2016 12:18 AM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never cared for the Kodak Presstape splicer. The long prongs on either side would sometimes damage the sprockets and applying the presstape was a pain in the hindquarter(or more commonly known as the ass). I much prefer using the Craig Master Six Splicer when applying presstape. It's more efficient IMHO. [Wink]

--------------------
Joe

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC