8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help Elmo ST 600 2 track

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Elmo ST 600 2 track
Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear friends, I am trying to repair an ELMO ST600 2 track.

The rubber belts were destroyed, please, can you tell me what are the specifications of the rubber belts in order to buy them in a normal shop?

I would need the length and width, I think are circular rubbers, only two true?

How I can set the upper belt?

Her is the inside of projector:

http://subefotos.com/ver/?7074e3ff6610df776ab756d384ce4b57o.jpg

Another problem it has is no sound (no speaker, no headphones, but i listen de volume movement "zzzzzzz") I was reading an old topic here with the same situation, I will try to check contacts and clean the magnetic head.

Thanks in advance friends, regards, Arturo.

|  IP: Logged

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2016 09:18 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Arturo,
I wanted to try to make my own belts one time, and just ended up bying them from this seller here who is very reliable and many of us use them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-8-ELMO-ST-60 0-D-Projector-Belts-2-Belt-Set-/252351287696?hash=item3ac14f1190:m:m5nf0uKJso-crJSOMg3gMOQ
For the elmo top belt, it is a piece of cake to put on....look at this pic to see how!

top belt elmo

ps: For the sound issue... try pressing the record buttons several times on and off to try to loosen any oxidization from the contacts. This seems to work for many. Good luck!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2016 09:08 AM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mathew, thanks a lot for your help, I will try.

I will keep you informed.

Regards, Arturo.

Thijs de Kort
Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2016 02:51 AM      Profile for Thijs de Kort   Email Thijs de Kort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the sound i would recommend to check the big capacitors and the fuse as a start, 90% of my own problems in an amplifier is from one of these.
Good luck with your repair

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 29, 2016 03:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Except the Visacoustic 2000 eh Thijs! 😆😆

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Thijs de Kort
Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2016 09:17 AM      Profile for Thijs de Kort   Email Thijs de Kort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, except the ......... visacustic [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2016 01:15 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, thanks for your replies I solved the belts problem, I found the 2 belts very cheap in an store.

I put them but when I thread the projector de take up reel pivot only moves a little and stop, when I rewind moves without problem, but the external arm take up reel pivot does not move threading neither rewinding.

What can be the problem/solution?

I think that maybe is the clutch, see here a video where I explain it and a picture with the belts fixed.

Video:

https://youtu.be/xuudVlBbSAo

Picture:

http://subefotos.com/ver/?6b9b2825249cefaff485f48f7e91b845o.jpg

Thanks in advance, kind regards, Arturo.

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2016 12:37 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Friends,

I have solved the belts problem.The cause was that the top belt was very width I tested with one more narrow and all was ok.

The projector runs well, but the sound is only ok through headphones (only is listened by one headphone, is this right?)

The sound is not listened through the speaker, I saw the speaker connections and fusibles and are ok, what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance. Regards, Arturo.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2016 02:40 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Arturo,
Glad to hear you have had some success!

For the sound, there may some ideas to try in this thread that may solve for you as it did for another member:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006600
Good luck!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2016 06:05 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mathew, thanks for your replies!!!

I really appreciate it.

I have tested an external speaker and no sound is listened :-( neither external speaker, only through headphones, maybe the amplificator is broken. Maybe?

I will try search a similar topic in the forum.

Regards, Arturo.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2016 06:31 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Arturo,
I just wanted to mention that I was lucky to find an almost brand new Elmo St-600 M 2 track at a local fleamarket today. I picked it up for $50 and it runs great! I was suprised the bulb and belts were fine. Maybe i can help you better now that i have this machine. It is slightly different than my other elmo's.
This may sound like a silly thing to mention, but because i did this to myself today i wanted to make sure you have covered this as well.
One thing different on the st600 verses my other st180E is that on st600, when you put the back cover on, you have to first plug in a connector wire for the speaker into the amp else no sound. This may be obvious to some, but because the st180E doesn't work this way and connects via contacts instead, i made the mistake of putting the unit together and not connecting this wire, and then no sound.
You must have tried this, but just in case!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 02:14 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mathew,

Good morning, first of all thanks for your consideration to my request.I really appreciate it.

I know the plug you refer,is a black plug (on the right of the back of the projector) I connected it, yes, and no sound is heard through the speaker, only I can hear the sound through a mono headphones.

Maybe I need to check the electrolitics, the speaker connections, or maybe the amp is broken.

I do not know what can be the cause I will keep you informed.

Regards, Arturo.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC