8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The man with the most complete Tom & Jerry episodes on super 8mm in the world (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The man with the most complete Tom & Jerry episodes on super 8mm in the world
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2016 10:11 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Winbert said,we are concerned about what company released the films in 8 mm. Of course we know they were produced by MGM and every film produced by MGM features the MGM logo in the beginning. Here the fact is that Ken/MGM during the time they were releasing Tom and Jerry cartoons in super 8,released only Tom and Jerry cartoons produced by Fred Quimby and directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera and no Tom and Jerry cartoons produced by Chuck Jones and directed by Jones or Abe Levitow and no Tom and Jerry cartoons produced by William Snyder and directed by Gene Deitch. If I reverse your thinking,the Tom and Jerry cartoons released in 8 mm by Film Office,that feature no original titles and no MGM logo, may not be MGM cartoons!!

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 28, 2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received another T & J which i spotted on ebay for £8.99 + p+p. The title is The flying cat, although advertised as a rare title i cant say i am aware of if its rare or not but i hadn't noticed this title before, so at this price i did the buy it now and am pleased to say it is a really great print, excellent colours with no fade and the box is also in excellent condition.
Maybe someone on here could tell me who released this one, its full and uncut.
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 28, 2016 03:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A nice later Derann print there at an unprecedented bin price!
Well done my friend..enjoy! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 28, 2016 04:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another excellent Derann release Tom with the same cover, is "Smarty Cat". Its well worth getting, as its the only T/J cartoon I can think of, that features Tom and his pals watching his "home movies"

Derann released it brand new and the colour and sound is simply stunning [Cool] [Smile]

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2016 04:04 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,
You all have a great collection.
I don´t have any Tom and Jerry on 8mm or 16mm, but few months ago I bought a 35mm IB Tech. Cinemascope Tom and Jerry. It is "The Tot Watchers" from 1958. I bought it, because it is one of them with Perspecta Stereo sound. I have a perspecta integrator to run them with perspecta sound, but I didn´t test my equipment yet.
My question, are the perspecta Tom and Jerry cartoons ever relesased in Super 8 with a Stereo sound?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 02, 2016 04:13 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have quite a few Super 8mm T&J prints from different distributors including some of the later Derann released prints.

I don't believe any of the ones I have were ever recorded in stereo though. Scope.. yes, but I don't recall seeing stereo scope badge on any.

I don't have anywhere near as many as some of these guys here within this thread though, so maybe they could tell us otherwise?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 04, 2016 03:55 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I officially announce now that I take back the number 1 position as I just received (with the helps of a forum member who sold them) 9 TJs that are not in my list:

TJ103 Framed Cat, The
TJ104 Just Ducky
TJ105 Mouse in the House
TJ106 Nit Witty Kitty
TJ107 Slicked Up Pup
TJ108 Puppy Tale
TJ109 Springtime for Thomas
TJ110 Touché, Pussy Cat!
TJ111 Two Little Indians

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

With this I have now 111 titles and need the following to achieve the ultimate collector status:

1. Duel Personality 1966
2. Jerry's Diary 1949
3. Little School Mouse 1954
4. Muscle Beach Tom 1956
5. Neapolitan Mouse 1954
6. Puss 'N' Toots 1942
7. Vanishing Duck 1958
8. Haunted Mouse
9. Hic-cup Pup
10. Cat Above The Mouse Below, The
11. Bodyguard, The

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2018 03:13 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just purchased two more Tom and Jerry cartoons released by Derann and in re-reading this thread thought I'd bump it back into the present because this is a great example of the dedication collectors put into this hobby. Winbert's Walton box art is better than Walton's original and the lists from other collectors are an inspiration. Perhaps I will get to these dizzy heights some day...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC